Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? My Saturday started quite early for a makeup gig. I did several looks for a prenup shoot. It was a bit tiring but fun! It was my first time to go around Ronac Art Center. It’s such a cool place! I’ll share some photos soon. Anyway, enough about me. Let’s start the week right with a makeup review.
I’ve heard a lot of raves about the great pigment and color selection of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. Finally, I get to try it myself. NYX may not be easily available in malls, but thanks to Digital Traincase for making the brand closer to home. Hehe! 😀
Neither lipstick nor lip gloss—this is matte lip cream. A new kind of pout paint that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing. Available in 11 lip colors.
I love it because…
- it’s unique! It’s not a lip glosss nor a normal lipstick. It’s a lip cream.
- it’s super pigmented.
- it’s smooth and silky to apply.
- it’s soft matte once it dries.
- I don’t need much to cover the entire lips.
- it comes in various colors.
- it’s affordable at PHP 250 (Digital Traincase price).
- it has the right size of lip applicator. It is easy to glide on the entire lips.
- it’s long lasting. A few touch ups is a must, but I don’t mind. Given the price, who else would complain?!
- it’s not drying. It can be a bit drying for those with really dry lips. Read tips below to lessen the problem.
- lip lines aren’t obvious. Since it dries matte, lip lines can be more pronounced for those with dry lips.
- it’s available anywhere here in the Philippines. Thankfully, it can easily be purchased online at Digital Traincase.
- Exfoliate lips with toothbrush.
- Put on lip balm before doing your makeup to keep lips moisturized in time for lip cream application.
- When ready for lip cream application, remove lip balm by dabbing lips with a clean tissue paper.
- For makeup artists, I suggest using a lip brush instead of the lip applicator for sanitation purposes.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is already pigmented, but just layer until you achieve your desired color.
- Add lip gloss on top if you want a glossy finish.
Although NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is not long lasting, you won’t go wrong with it considering its price. The pigment is really good and I like how silky it feels on my lips. It can be drying, as I mentioned above, yet I still find it more moisturizing compared to other matte lipsticks.
I would recommend NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream to those who are a fan of matte lipsticks. It’s actually a great everyday lip product!
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is available at Digital Traincase for PHP 250.