As I would always say, the best anti-aging product is sunblock. Forget everything else, except sunblock- even on gloomy days! Remember, dark spots are age spots. If you want to delay aging, then prevent UVA/UVB damage as this triggers those dark spots. The problem with a lot of sunscreens in the market though is it can be uncomfortable. Most have thick textrue and they feel heavy and greasy on skin. Clinique launched a new sunscreen under their Even Better product line. Read on my Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense Review.
Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense Product Information
Helps prevent the UVA/UVB damage that triggers dark spots. Patent-pending Invisible Screen™ technology looks and feels ‘barely there’ and looks natural on all skin tones. 100% non-chemical sunscreen. Instantly brightens skin and wears well under makeup.
I love Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense because…
- it doesn’t leave a white cast once absorbed by the skin.
- it feels very light on skin.
- it has liquid consistency, which is not sticky at all.
- it has slight satin finish, making the skin look glowing.
- it didn’t cause me breakouts, irritations or allergic reactions.
- it’s chemical-free and fragrance-free.
- it wears well under makeup.
- it comes in 2 shades – sheer and tinted. I have the sheer.
I wish Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense
- is cheaper. It’s quite expensive at PHP 2,500 (about USD 55) for a 30ml bottle.
- can also control my oilies. On laid back days, especially on Sundays, I prefer going out of the house without makeup on. I try to let my skin breathe every now and then so sunblock is enough. Although with my active oil glands, I start to oil up a few minutes after applying Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense.
Tips on Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Apply daily after your chosen moisturizer and under makeup.
- If irritations occur, stop usage right away.
Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense Verdict
If you’re looking for a sunblock with liquidy/fluid texture, this is for you. It’s easily absorbed by the skin and it’s not sticky at all. I love that it doesn’t create any white cast on photos. In fact, it leaves a satin-kind of finish that gives my skin that healthy glow. If you have really oily skin though, you’ll need to top it with oil-control powder or blot every now and then (if you prefer not to put any makeup on). For those with combination and dry skin, this would not dry your skin. If you’re on a budget though, Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense SPF 45 isn’t really a cheap option.
Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense SPF 45 is available in all Clinique counters.