As I would always say, the best anti-aging product is sunblock. Forget everything else, except sunblock- even on gloomy days! Remember, dark spots are age spots. If you want to delay aging, then prevent UVA/UVB damage as this triggers those dark spots. The problem with a lot of sunscreens in the market though is it can be uncomfortable. Most have thick textrue and they feel heavy and greasy on skin. Clinique launched a new sunscreen under their Even Better product line. Read on my Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense Review.
Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense Product Information
Helps prevent the UVA/UVB damage that triggers dark spots. Patent-pending Invisible Screen™ technology looks and feels ‘barely there’ and looks natural on all skin tones. 100% non-chemical sunscreen. Instantly brightens skin and wears well under makeup.
I love Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense because…
- it doesn’t leave a white cast once absorbed by the skin.
- it feels very light on skin.
- it has liquid consistency, which is not sticky at all.
- it has slight satin finish, making the skin look glowing.
- it didn’t cause me breakouts, irritations or allergic reactions.
- it’s chemical-free and fragrance-free.
- it wears well under makeup.
- it comes in 2 shades – sheer and tinted. I have the sheer.
I wish Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense
- is cheaper. It’s quite expensive at PHP 2,500 (about USD 55) for a 30ml bottle.
- can also control my oilies. On laid back days, especially on Sundays, I prefer going out of the house without makeup on. I try to let my skin breathe every now and then so sunblock is enough. Although with my active oil glands, I start to oil up a few minutes after applying Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense.
Tips on Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Apply daily after your chosen moisturizer and under makeup.
- If irritations occur, stop usage right away.
Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense Verdict
If you’re looking for a sunblock with liquidy/fluid texture, this is for you. It’s easily absorbed by the skin and it’s not sticky at all. I love that it doesn’t create any white cast on photos. In fact, it leaves a satin-kind of finish that gives my skin that healthy glow. If you have really oily skin though, you’ll need to top it with oil-control powder or blot every now and then (if you prefer not to put any makeup on). For those with combination and dry skin, this would not dry your skin. 🙂 If you’re on a budget though, Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense SPF 45 isn’t really a cheap option.
Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense SPF 45 is available in all Clinique counters.