When removing makeup, I usually use cleansing oils, such as Shu Uemura or Bobbi Brown, and Pond’s Cold Cream. I’ve been hearing about the wonders of Micellar Water, but what is it really?
Originating from France, it is a non-rinse, soap-free cleansing water that contains micelle molecules. Micelle molecules are brilliant in trappping makeup & dirt! They have the highest makeup removing powers. Being ultra-light, all-natural and gragrance-free, it leaves skin feeling soft, supple, and fresh. – from happyskincosmetics.com
Happy Skin added this Micellar Makeup Cleanser to their growing lineup. To see if it’s as effective as our trusted makeup removers, here is my Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser Review.
Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser Product Information
Wipe away the remnants of bad vibes, heavy makeup, and a long day, and let your skin breathe. Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser makeup remover is a gentle yet potent water-based makeup cleanser. Micellar water, boasting the highest makeup removing powers, leaves skin fresh and clean without having to rinse!
I love Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser because…
- it comes in a pump bottle container to easily dispense product.
- its transparent bottle makes it easy for me to know how much product is left.
- it can easily remove makeup, even heavy foundation.
- it leaves skin soft and moisturized.
- it’s gentle.
- it’s fragrance-free.
- it’s non-comedogenic.
- it doesn’t leave skin sticky or greasy.
- it contains Japanese Tea extract, an anti-inflammatory, which soothes stressed and tired skin.
- it has Lotus Seed extract, an antioxidant to keep skin looking plump and to lock in moisture.
- it’s great for all skin types.
- it didn’t cause me breakouts, irritations or allergic reactions.
I wish Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser…
- doesn’t sting the eyes. See tips below on how to avoid this.
- can easily remove waterproof makeup too. It takes a bit more time to remove waterproof mascara and eye liner.
- is a little bit cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 599 for 100ml.
- comes in a bigger size. Since I use it everyday, 100ml might just last for about 2-3 months.
Tips on Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser
- Pump 2-3 squirts on a cotton pad or cotton ball. I use max of 2 cotton pads for my entire face with heavy makeup.
- For the eye area, use soaked cotton balls. Make sure to close your eyes and remove eye makeup with a light hand.
- For waterproof makeup like mascaras, eye liners and stubborn lipsticks, you may need a little more time taking them off. Remember, do not rub too hard.
- If the product stings your eyes, use a different eye makeup remover.
- Although it’s a non-rinse makeup remover, I can’t really forgo my facial wash. I still use a facial cleanser right after.
Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser Verdict
Over the weekend, I came home from a shoot so I thought this would be a great time to really test Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep. I had heavy makeup on, as seen below.
Surprisingly, I only used 3 cotton balls with 2 pumps each for my entire face- including my eye makeup with waterproof mascara and eyeliner and my lipstick!
Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser is literally like water once you pump it out from its bottle. This may be a drawback to some since its consistency can mean it’s easier to finish up a bottle. This is why 100ml can appear to be expensive at PHP 599. But you’ll also have to realize that this is a non-rinse makeup cleanser, so you can skip and save on your facial cleanser and go straight to your facial toner. 😉 Also, its price is worth it since it can really remove dirt and makeup deep within the pores. I tried to use my toner right after Happy Skin Make A Clean Sweep Revitalizing Micellar Makeup Cleanser and my cotton pad with toner barely had any makeup/dirt. This means there’s no trace of any makeup on my face just by using Happy Skin’s Micellar Water.
Happy Skin is currently available at Rustan’s Makati and Rustan’s Shangri-la, Beauty Bar, and Plains & Prints boutiques. Visitwww.happyskincosmetics.com for complete store listings and more product info. Follow @happyskin_ph on Instagram and Twitter. You can also buy Happy Skin online via shop.beautybar.com.ph.