Do you think you’re using your mobile data more often now? Do you find yourself actively checking Instagram, Facebook, and Twittter? Are you getting addicted watching tutorials on YouTube? Are you getting dependent on Waze for directions or to avoid traffic? Well, here are some tips on mobile data usage so you won’t go over budget.
- A lot of smartphones these days can measure your data usage. Use this to check how much you are consuming monthly so you can get the most apt internet bundle or promo from your service provider.
- For Android users, you can set your data usage within a specific time period to make sure you don’t go over your limit. Just go to Settings, then Data Usage. There’s a chart with 2 horizontal lines. Adjust the red line to the maximum amount of data usage allowed per cycle, while the orange line should be set a little below the maximum to give you a warning before you hit your limit. Adjust the vertical lines to set the specific time period per month.
- For iPhone users, go to Settings, then Cellular. There you’ll see that it logs your data usage of the current period. You have to manually click on Reset Statistics every time your cycle ends.
- As seen above, you can also choose which apps can use cellular data or not. Just put the slider to the off position if you want specific apps to stop using cellular data. Don’t worry these apps can still access data when you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network whenever available to save up on your mobile data usage.
- When downloading apps, documents, photos that are not urgent, wait until a Wi-Fi network is available.
- The tips above can surely reduce your consumption of mobile data, but you won’t be able to use your smartphone’s full potential. To make the most out of your smartphone experience without going over your budget, you have to choose from your service provider a package or promo that best suits you. Smart has a new offering for their prepaid subscribers. Smart top prepaid promos even got better as they now come with 30MB FREE data allowance per day – no need to sign up or register. For more details, visit http://smart.com.ph/prepaid/
I hope these tips on mobile data usage will help you stick to your budget. 😀