Have you tried liquid lipsticks? If you’re not a fan, this might change your mind. Why is it worth a try? I gave my initial thoughts on OFRA Liquid Lipstick in my CALYXTA BEAUTY 101 + OFRA LIQUID LIPSTICKS post, but here’s my in-depth OFRA Liquid Lipstick Review.
OFRA Liquid Lipstick Product Information
OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick is a one step full lip color that does not feather. These vibrant colors will give you a vivacious new look.They are creamy and soft in texture, moisturizing the lips and creating a long lasting lipstick effect. No need to use lipliner, this liquid lipstick gives a beautiful edge to your lip look!
All shades contain antioxidants and Vitamin E while the formula provides a lightweight layer of lasting color to make you look stunning all day. Color will last in a perfect condition up to five hours without eating or drinking. For best results do not eat or drink for 15 minutes after applying.
I love OFRA Liquid Lipstick because…
- it’s highly pigmented. It only takes one swipe for the color to come out.
- it glides smoothly and evens out effortlessly on the lips.
- one dip of the applicator is good enough for my entire lips.
- it’s not drying – even if I don’t moisturize my lips.
- it’s long lasting. It can last for about 4-5 hours on my lips without drinking or eating.
- it comes in various shades! The number of shades actually surprised me. You can see the swatches below.
- it’s really creamy and dries down to demi-matte.
- it doesn’t settle in between the lines.
- it feels light and non-sticky compared to other liquid lipsticks.
- it has nice caramel scent.
I wish OFRA Liquid Lipstick…
- doesn’t highlight dryness. OFRA Liquid Lipstick, especially in light colors, has the tendency to make dry lips look even more obvious. See tips below on how to avoid this.
- has a more elegant packaging. Although I like that it’s transparent to easily see the shade, I personally think it could have been better considering the price point.
Tips on OFRA Liquid Lipstick
- If you want to add shine, apply lipgloss on top.
- OFRA suggests not to eat or drink for 15 minutes after application of the liquid lipstick. This will help the product stay on the lips longer.
- For healthy looking lips, make sure to exfoliate first to remove dry skin on the lips.
- For longer lasting liquid lipstick, apply lip liner underneath. This will also help reduce appearance of lip lines and creases.
OFRA Liquid Lipstick Verdict
I’m not a huge fan of liquid lipsticks because they are usually too shiny for my taste. I was surprised when I tried OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick, which dries down to matte finish. It’s definitely not the usual liquid lipstick. It’s weightless, non-sticky, very pigmented, and most importantly, non-drying. For someone who has really dry lips, it didn’t cause my lips to crack. I can imagine how moisturizing it is for those with normal lips! I highly recommend OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick.
OFRA Liquid Lipstick Swatches
Here the swatches of different OFRA Liquid Lipstick shades:
from left to right: Sau Paulo, Pasadena, Laguna Beach, Rio, Laguna Beach (sorry mistakenly repeated the swatch), Bel Air, Plumas, and Americano
from left to right: Venice, Panama, St. Tropez, Hollywood, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, and Malibu
from left to right: New Orleans, Mocha, Bondi Beach, Ultimate Red, Sunset Beach, Atlantic City, and Santa Ana
wearing OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach is a pinkish nude shade. It’s perfect if you’re going for a fresh look.
wearing OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Santa Ana
Santa Ana is a great red shade even for those who are not so comfortable wearing reds – and I’m one of those. But surprisingly, it’s wearable even during the day! In fact, I got a compliment from a friend who’s not used to seeing me in red lippie. She said that the shade looks perfect on me.
OFRA Liquid Lipstick is available here in the Philippines in selected beauty stores and online shops – www.glamourbox.ph and www.calyxta.com for PHP 850.