When I first saw the Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara, my initial reaction was, “Oh wow, this is HUGE!” Then, when I read its name “Eye Opening Mascara”, it got me curious. Well, it really is the mascara’s job to “open the eyes”, but not all mascaras can really do that. So let’s see if the newest Bobbi Brown mascara can do justice to its name. Read on my Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara review below.
Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara Product Information
High-drama volume and high-impact curl in the blink of an eye. The jumbo brush fans and pushes lashes up and out, while the rich, carbon-black formula intensely thickens, curls and lifts lashes all day for the ultimate eye opening effect.
I love Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara because…
- it’s lengthening.
- it’s volumizing.
- it’s buildable and doesn’t clump. (see tips below how)
- it doesn’t weigh down my lashes.
- it’s easy to remove – just warm water or cleanser.
- it doesn’t smudge or flake even if I’m wearing it the whole day.
- I can go for natural look to false lashes effect.
I wish Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara
- can easily coat the tiny lashes on the edge of my eye. The brush is really huge that it can be a bit challenging to apply product on hard-to reach lashes and on the lower lashes. This can be a downside for those who have very small lashes. (See tips below how to apply)
- comes in a smaller size too. It’s in a huge 12ml tube, which can be a little bulky if I want to tote it around in my everyday small makeup kit. It might be too much also for those who don’t wear mascara everyday since mascaras should be replaced every six months – even if you rarely use it.
- can curl my lashes on its own. The brush applicator is said to have the ability to push the lashes up and out that you can skip the curler. This can be true for others, but with my lashes naturally pointing downwards, I still need the help of a curler. But I see the difference that it can pull my lashes up and out after I curled my lashes.
Tips on Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara
- Curl lashes first before applying mascara.
- Apply from the roots to the tips of the lashes. Try to get close to the base as much as possible for a fuller effect. With Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara’s brush applicator, there is no need to wiggle the brush left and right. I noticed that doing so could even clump the lashes.
- If you’re not comfortable using a huge brush, use a smaller mascara brush. But I still suggest you try using the Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara brush first because aside from its formulation, the magic comes from the brush.
- If product accidentally transfers to your skin, allow it to dry before cleaning with a q-tip. This way, product won’t smudge on your skin.
- To apply on hard-to-reach lashes or on lower lashes, hold the wand vertically and use the tip to apply. Make sure that there is not too much product on the tip of the brush though to avoid clumping.
- Use a clean tissue to remove excess product on wand. Do not brush on the tube’s lid since this will cause hardening of the mascara, making the formulation clumpy when applied.
- If you want to apply several coats, don’t wait for the mascara to dry in between application. I can go up to 3-4 coats without clumping. As with anything, the key is not to overdo the application. Take it easy because in just one coat, you’ll already see a huge difference.
Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara Verdict
No doubt, the brush is really huge, which can be a downside when applying on small lashes or close to the lash line. It takes a bit of practice, or if not, you can always use a smaller brush. But as said earlier, this mascara gets the job done not just because of its formulation, but also through the design of the brush. It can lift, lengthen and volumize my lashes.
I recommend Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara to those who want to have longer and thicker lashes, yet still looking natural. It’s one of my favorite mascaras I’ve tried to date. And yes, it really is eye opening that it made me say “OMG, WOW.”
curled lashes, no mascara
one coat of Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara
three coats of Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara
Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara is priced at PHP 1,800 here in the Philippines and it’s available in all Bobbi Brown counters.