I’ve finally come to the end of my Physiogel Calming Relief 14-Day Challenge. If you haven’t read my previous post about it, you can see the photos and changes on my skin from days 1 to 7 here – http://lushangel.com/2016/03/03/physiogel-calming-relief-face-cream-14-day-challenge/. The quick change of my irritated skin from a tomato red in day 4 to pale pink in day 7 really amazed me, but let’s see what happened to my main concern, the redness around my nose area.
Day 10: #FreeInMySkin Challenge
Here’s a photo of my nose area before I used Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream. Notice the redness and the white small bumps on right side facing the screen.
After 10 days of using Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream, here’s how it looks…
Although it is not so evident in the photo, the redness did subside – but not completely. What I also noticed is that the rough surface surrounding my nose became smoother and bumps are less pronounced.
Day 14: #FreeInMySkin Challenge
Judgement day. As I woke up, I wasn’t sure of what I’ll see in the mirror. But since it was the last day, I had no choice. Honestly, at first, I thought there wasn’t much difference from day 1. It was only until I saw the first batch of pictures I took for this challenge that I realized that the redness lightened substantially.
Again, notice the bumps – they are almost gone!
Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream Review
So after 14 days of continuously using Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream on my face day and night, here is my full review:
I love Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream because…
- it can really calm the redness of the skin.
- it is moisturizing, perfect for dry skin. For very dry skin, it also comes in “Rich” variant.
- it can also be used by people with oily skin (see tips below how to avoid being too greasy)
- it’s hypoallergenic, free from colourants, fragrance and preservatives, and non-comedogenic.
- it instantly relieves skin dryness.
- it didn’t cause my skin to breakout.
- it can be used together with other skincare products. (see tips below how to use it with your serums)
- it doesn’t cause my make up to slide off.
- it can be used mid-day to retouch dry areas of the face.
- it can be used as a lip moisturizer.
I wish Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream…
- does not feel a tad bit heavy for those with oily skin. Do note that this feeling only lasts for a few minutes until the product has been fully absorbed by the skin.
- has SPF. But regardless whether a moisturizer has sun protection or not, it is still a must to use a separate SPF product!
- would come in gel type too for an extra cooling effect and for very oily skin.
Tips on Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream
- For those with oily skin, make sure to apply a thin layer during the day. A little goes a long way. Concentrate application on dry or red areas instead.
- When using other skin care products, use toner and serum first and apply Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream on top. Make sure you give ample time for the product to be fully absorbed by the skin before layering another skin care.
- Use day and night to see better results. Add face sunblock on your morning skin care ritual.
- When applying the face cream, it is best to rub the product evenly on your palm and gently massage all over the face. You can press your palm against your skin for better absorption.
- For very dry skin, use the Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream Rich variant.
- For dry lips, apply a small amount on the lips at night for soft, moisturized lips the next day.
Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream Verdict
As I’ve mentioned in my first post (http://lushangel.com/2016/03/03/physiogel-calming-relief-face-cream-14-day-challenge/), I was a bit skeptical when I was about to start the challenge. I thought its formulation being a cream-based moisturizer is quite heavy for day use, considering the humid weather and my oily skin. I was surprised that I can actually use it on my entire face without aggravating my oily skin condition.
Based on the 14-day #FreeInMySkin Challenge, Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream is really effective in calming the redness of my skin. Those who suffer from dermatitis or rosacea may need more time for the redness to subside, although I cannot really vouch that it will be completely gone.
Besides the redness, it also addressed my skin’s texture. I noticed that after 14 days of using the product, my skin becomes smoother and has lesser bumps.
I highly recommend Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream to those with dry skin who need instant relief, and to all skin types with sensitive and red skin.
*Disclaimer: Results may vary per person and skin condition.