Fluid foundation is becoming more popular these days. MAC released their own version called Studio Waterweight Foundation. I actually featured it in my previous post, as seen HERE. Finally, here is my MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation Review and see what makes it different from other MAC foundations.
MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 Product Information
Introducing an innovative foundation that delivers colour in an ultra-fluid, elastic gel-serum formula. With a virtually weightless feel, this formula is extraordinarily comfortable, lasting for hours. With stay-true colour and sheer medium buildable coverage, it softly blurs imperfections such as pores and fine lines, while also controlling oil. The addition of Moisture-Fusion Complex provides immediate and all-day hydaration, leaving skin quenched and silky to the touch. The unique dropper provides you with a drop of perfection.
I love MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 because…
- of its unique dropper packaging.
- it has SPF 30.
- coverage is buildable from sheer to medium. (can be a con to those who prefers full coverage)
- it looks very natural, as if I’m not wearing any foundation.
- it has gel-serum formula, which feels light on skin.
- a little goes a long way.
- it sets to a satin finish, not matte nor too moisturizing.
- it didn’t cause irritations, allergic reactions, or breakouts.
- it can work on all skin types.
- it doesn’t leave a white cast on flash photography.
- it’s very easy to blend.
- it contains antioxidants.
I wish MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30…
- can coverup discolorations. Since it’s sheer to medium coverage, there is a need to apply concealer on dark pigmentations.
- it can control oil.
- it doesn’t have the tendency to cake. (See tips below on how to avoid this)
Tips on MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30
- If you have dry skin, apply your favorite moisturizer before layering the foundation.
- If you have oily skin, use an oil control primer.
- For sheer coverage, you can use fingers to apply.
- For medium coverage, use foundation brush or sponge.
- Although it has SPF 30, I still prefer applying sunscreen before the foundation. Note that when you apply the foundation thinly, you don’t really get the full amount of sun protection.
- Be careful when putting back the dropper into the bottle to avoid any spillage, mess, or product wastage.
- To avoid caking, apply thinly. Remember, a little goes a long way. If you have dry skin or patches, make sure to apply a moisturizing primer first.
- If you find the foundation too dark for your skin tone, you can always adjust by using a lighter shade of powder to set it (and vice versa).
MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 Verdict
MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation can be a little too moisturizing (especially on oily skin) at initial application, but once it sets, it feels light. It does not control shine though, so I just use a good oil-control primer. I also like to apply this foundation thinly to avoid caking. A good primer could also do the trick if I need to build up the coverage. Over-all, this is probably my favorite MAC liquid foundation to date. It’s similar to MAC Face & Body Foundation but with more coverage.
Half face test: Left side facing you has MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation, while the right side facing you is my bare skin. Notice my cheek and under eye areas. The side with MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation is smoother, yet still looks very natural.
MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation entire face
MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF 30 is available at all MAC boutiques.