Since the holidays are coming, let’s go glitz and glam. Here’s my NOTD (nails of the day)!
I would normally go for something shimmery during the holidays. This time, I chose a purple polish with gold specks from Zoya. To be honest, I really love glittered polish. The only downside is that it’s quite hard to remove. But with these tiny shimmers, I still get the glitz and glam feel that I like, at the same time, it is not hard to remove! It doesn’t chip easily too, which is quite surprising since Zoya is vegan! It also boasts on being BIG 5 FREE, meaning Zoya nail polishes have zero traces of five of the most common toxins found in cosmetic products, namely:
- Dibutyl Phthalate – an ingredient highly linked to cancer and other health concerns, including problems in the endocrine system, increased risk of diabetes in women, nausea, reproductive issues and birth defects
- Formaldehyde – a known carcinogen
- Formaldehyde Resin – a known irritant
- Toluene – known to cause dizziness, dry skin, headaches, liver and kidney damage, nausea, numbness, and has been linked to birth defects
- Camphor – a poisonous substance that also carries the same harmful effects as Toluene
Do you know that Big 5 Free products are so safe, doctors say that they cannot even cause the slightest irritation and are safe for use by pregnant and lactating women as well as children. Yup, it’s that safe! So now, I’m making a healthier choice!!! Besides, there’s a wide selection of colors – from sweet pastels and soft nudes to deep dark lush reds, greens and purples and elegant metallics (and everything else in between).
Going vegan is definitely not so bad after all!
In the Philippines, Zoya is distributed by Mixexpert Manila and is available at all leading nail salons and spas, including Nailaholics, Posh Nails, Beauty & Butter, and Nail Tropics and Nails.Glow. To know more about the brand, follow Instagram.com/zoyaph, Twitter.com/zoyaphofficial and Facebook.com/zoyapolishph.