To be honest, I do not really pay attention to dip eyeliners whenever I see them in makeup counters. It’s probably because of my not so good experiences in the past – hard to apply and uneven application. Besides, in this day and age, I think most of us are all used to pens and brushes. And then Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner launched… At the back of my mind, why?! But of course, as a beauty blogger, I had to try it. The last time I used a dip eyeliner was… I really don’t remember! It has been ages, I guess! So I gave this new Hyperink Liquid Liner a shot. Here’s my in-depth Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner Review:
Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner Product Information
Get inked with a liner that does it all. Intense blacker than black pigments are highly absorbed by its unique flexi-cushion tip that gives extreme control. With a 12h smudgeproof formula, this eye liner will deliver bold and precise definition all day long.
I love Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner because…
- it is long lasting. It stays on all day with very minimal fading – even on oily lids.
- it is smudge-proof.
- it has intense (patent) black color payoff in just one stroke!
- it applies evenly – does not appear cracked.
- it is surprisingly easy to use!
- it is super affordable at PHP 199 (less than US $4).
- the structured flexi-cushion tip allows me to control the shape and thickness of the line easily. I can go as thin or as thick as I want. It also allows me to draw winged liner with ease.
- it dries pretty quick.
- it is easy to remove as the ink finishes in film-like format. In fact, I can remove it with just water.
I wish Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner…
- comes in various colors. I could already imagine how beautiful and vibrant the colors are considering its pigmentation.
- it’s waterproof.
- is not hard to use with curled lashes. There are times I change my mind and add thickness to my liner after I curled my lashes. Whenever this happens, my lashes end up having the ink film formula too because the strands unavoidably touch the shaft of the applicator. This can also be a problem to those with naturally curled lashes.
Tips on Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner
- Line your top lid in a single stroke starting from the inner to the outer corner of your eye.
- Repeat for a thicker, more intense line.
- If you have shaky hands, draw dots along your top lid to guide you. Then, connect the dots!
- Practice! If you’re not used to applying liquid eyeliner, you’ll get used to it! I’ve been there too!
Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner Verdict
Bottom line, I was wrong about this dip eyeliner! In fact, it’s the best liquid eyeliner I’ve tried to date in this price range. It doesn’t budge, once it sets. Just make sure to let it dry for a minute and it’s there to stay! The pigment is really amazing. It applies evenly in just one stroke. Some would appear cracked or the ink/film would slide when applied repeatedly, but I didn’t encounter any of these. Surprisingly, the brush is also easy to control – in fact, I find it even easier than a felt tip applicator.
I highly recommend Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner to those looking for a budget-friendly black liquid eyeliner. If you are not used to applying liquid eyeliner, this could be a good start considering its price!
Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner Swatches
As seen below, the swatches are very pigmented. The first two swatches were brushed in just one stroke.
Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner is available in Maybelline counters for PHP 199 in the Philippines.