Right after my hike in Nepal, I realized that I need a change of lifestyle. I remember how much I wanted to be just like the old men and women in that hiking trip. I felt ashamed of myself seeing how stronger they were. As soon as I got back, I started with my fitness journey.
Fast forward to today, I’m thankful that I’ve developed the habit of exercising and it’s now part of my lifestyle. A lot of my friends are still surprised of the sudden change. A lot of people have been asking how I started so that they can find a motivation for themselves too. Well, this Philam Vitality Active Mobile app could be the answer!
What is Philam Vitality Active Mobile app?
Philam Life focuses in improving the quality of life of every Filipino through health and wellness efforts such as the Philam Vitality program. Introduced in 2015, the Philam Vitality Program seeks to help its customers make better decisions that contribute to their overall wellness, and rewarding them along the way.
To make living active easier and more accessible to many Filipinos, Philam Life formally launched the Philam Vitality Active app. The app is a simplified version of the Philam Vitality program which is designed to reward its users for every personal health goal they achieve.
To further its advocacy, Philam Life enlisted two of the country’s greatest volleyball players: Alyssa Valdez and Mika Reyes as Philam Vitality Active’s ambassadors. Like the app-based wellness program, Alyssa and Mika are aiming to bring out the best in every Filipino by encouraging them be more fit and active. With these powerhouse athletes on board, Philam Life hopes to encourage more Filipinos to start their fitness journey with the Philam Vitality Active app.
How Philam Vitality Active Mobile app works?
- Download the Philam Vitality Active Mobile app on Android or iOs.
- Sign up. Type in ‘activemika’ or ‘activealyssa’ for the code.
- Once you’re registered, answer a short questionnaire to calculate your Philam Vitality Age as a gauge of how well you live.
- It will then ask you to sync the app with your desired fitness device (Fitbit, Samsung Health, Runkeeper, etc). You can also download free step counter apps for Android and iOs, such as Runkeeper or Strava. The choices are all listed in the app. Syncing a fitness app is important since this will be the basis of the points you will earn.
- The app will be giving weekly challenges, which can be accomplished by completing a certain number of steps as measured by the fitness device or free fitness app. For every challenge successfully completed for two consecutive weeks, users will receive exciting rewards such as free passes to SM Cinema, SM Ice Skating, SM Bowling, Blink, and Exploreum. Oh, and the redeemable rewards might even expand in the future!
All other questions that you may have are all answered in the ‘Frequently Asked Questions‘ menu.
How to earn points?
As mentioned earlier, you can complete a certain number of steps to earn points. There’s a minimum of 7,500 steps per day to get 50 points. You can earn a maximum of 100 points a day. You can also earn points through different activities so it is important to wear your fitness tracking device or carry your phone with the fitness app to ensure the points will be credited.
Aside from steps, you can also earn points through heart rate, calories burned, and speed.
Note that points are usually not updated real time. There may be some delays when points are credited and reflected on the wheel, so don’t panic!
I’ve already tried it for a couple of days and guess what?! It urged me to run and go out just to complete the steps requirement. If you’ve seen my Instagram (@lush_angel), I normally do weight lifting. Since I downloaded the app, it encouraged me to do more cardio exercises, such as running and walking. Whenever I need to walk from point A to B, I choose to take the longer route now! It’s amazing how a simple app can actually encourage me to do more!
Take your fitness to the test too and join the Live Active Challenge! Download the Philam Vitality Active app on App Store Philippines and Google Play, and get a chance to win one of eight Garmin Vivofit 3 watches. Promo period is from March 1 to April 30, 2017.