I fell in love with Bobbi Brown Art Stick the first I tried it on. My only dilemma with it is I have to carry around its special sharpener. Recently, Bobbi Brown introduced a new formula under this line – liquid lipstick. Is it as comfortable, pigmented and long wearing? Read on my Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip Review below.
Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip Product Information
Bobbi Brown’s super-pigmented, squeezable liquid lipstick. Delivers semi-matte, full-coverage color that’s creamy, moisturizing and lightweight. Plus, the long-wearing formula stays color true for gorgeous all day wear. Available in 16 nude, bright and bold shades.
I love Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip because…
- it sets to semi-matte.
- it comes in various colors – from reds, to pinks, to nudes.
- it has intense pigmentation — buildable to full coverage.
- it has creamy formula that glides smoothly on the lips.
- it does not feel heavy on the lips.
- lips feel hydrated — not drying.
- it has great staying power. It stays on my lips for about 4-5 hours, even after drinking. When I eat though, it starts to fade on the outer corners of the lips — which isn’t bad at all since it results to an ombre look.
- a little goes a long way! Only a small amount of product is needed for the entire lips.
- the size of the tube is easy to grip and manouver around the lips.
I wish Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip…
- is easy to apply. Darker shades needs a bit more effort if you want precise application. See tips below.
- it doesn’t have the tendency to transfer on the teeth. This is quite common in Liquid Lipsticks.
Tips on Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip
- Exfoliate lips before applying Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip.
- Lightly squeeze the tube until a very small amount of lip color appears on the tip.
- Dab on the middle of the lower lip and carefully push the color outwards using the slanted tip.
- Press lips together and fill in upper lip. Add a little more product for the upper lip if needed. You can end here if you want a diffused semi-matte look.
- If you opt for a more defined lips, use a lip brush.
- If you don’t have a lip brush on reach, you can just use a concealer to remove any excess. I personally like using the Bobbi Brown Retouching Face Pencil to erase any excess lip color and to achieve that perfect lips.
- Make sure to close cap after use.
Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip Verdict
My first impression when I saw it, I thought it is the Bobbi Brown Art Stick pencil we all know until I touched it. I was a bit surprised it felt squeezy, and then I saw the words “Liquid Lip”. I won’t deny, it took me a while to road test this lippie since I was intimidated with the liquid lipstick without the doe foot applicator. Well, the first time I tried it, it wasn’t so bad considering I have the dark shades. Yes, it takes a bit of practice to apply, especially with dark and bright colors. But if you like the diffused or ombre look, you won’t have any problems with it as mentioned in my tips above.
I recommend Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip to those looking for a satin finish lipstick that is comfortable on the lips, with intense pigmentation and great statying power. Definitely worth the price at PHP 1,400.
P.S. I’m wondering what happens if you’re about to finish a tube. Is it still easy to dispense and apply? I have yet to know!
Top: Plum Noir; Bottom: Rich Red