After Artist Rouge Creme and Artist Rouge Mat, here comes Artist Rouge Light! What makes it different? Here’s my review of MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Light.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Light Product Information
A luminous lipstick with pure and brilliant colors coming in a lightweight and hydrating texture.
I love MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Light because…
- it comes in 25 shades! You can choose whatever color you like depending on your mood – nude, sweet, sexy, young, or just your lips but better!
- it feels very light on the lips – as if I just have a lip balm on.
- it is not sticky or waxy.
- it is hydrating. It does not dry out the lips even when worn the whole day.
- it glides smoothly on the lips.
- it has that nice shine, which makes the lips look healthy.
I wish MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Light…
- is longer lasting. It starts to fade after 2-3 hours.
- does not make the lip lines or chapped lips obvious. This is my problem for very light shades.
- color payoff is the same as the shade on tube. Colors appear darker on tube.
Tips on MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Light
- Prep and exfoliate lips.
- Use a lip liner first to make it longer lasting.
- Apply 2-3 layers of Artist Rouge Light or until you achieve the shade you want.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Light Verdict
Although Artist Rouge Light fades quickly and a little less pigmented than Artist Rouge Creme and Artist Rouge Mat, the comfort got me! I recommend MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Light to those who are willing to spend for a light and comfortable lipstick that does not dry out the lips. It’s also for those who are looking for a luminous lipstick. I say it’s a great everyday lippie!
MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Light Swatches
Shades from left to right: L104, L206, L402, L502, L300
Notice the difference of the 3 layers and the colors on tube. The colors on tube are darker.
I have always been a fan of MLBB (my lips but better) shades. L300 would have been perfect except that my chapped lips became more obvious. I would recommend this shade to those who have healthy lips. As for the other shades, I do not have this problem despite having dry and chapped lips.
Artist Rouge Light is available in MAKE UP FOR EVER boutiques at PHP 1,250.