One of the new products that Benefit launched recently is Benefit Rockateur. (See list of new products in THIS POST.) From its looks, it already gives a rocker chic vibe- from the lacy design on the box to the word “Rock” embossed on top of the blush. But is it just all about the pretty packaging? Here is my Benefit Rockateur Review.
Benefit Rockateur Product Information
Pick up the beat with a rush of heat! This rockin’ rose gold cheek powder gives a famously provocative flush that turns heads on-stage and off. The crowd will go wild for its sexy faceted design, accented in luxe gold. For an encore, the custom angled, dimensional brush gives rich, show-stopping payoff every time.
I love Benefit Rockateur because…
- it has very cute box packaging, just like other Benefit Box o’ Powders.
- it has a nice fragrance. This can be a con to others who are sensitive to scent.
- it’s pigmented. (Rockateur has a specialized formula that works by combining the best features of baked, powder, cream and fluid textures to give a brighter, purer color pay off creating 1.6 times the amount of pure color payoff.)
- the color is buildable. You can wear it soft during the day or build it up to make the color pop.
- it’s easy to blend.
- it has a very lovely rose gold shade, giving that “rush of heat” glow. It gives a natural flush of color, which you’ll see below.
- it’s not as shimmery as it looks from the box. On the cheeks, it just gives that healthy glowing effect.
- it’s long lasting.
- it comes with a brush. Although I prefer using a regular sized blush brush, it’s good enough for quick and on-the-go application.
I wish Benefit Rockateur…
- is like other Benefit Box o’ Powders in terms of weight. Benefit Rockateur has 5 g, while others have 8 g of product.
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 1,600 (USD 37) for 5g.
Tips on Benefit Rockateur
- Swirl blush brush over the powder. Although it comes with a small brush, I still prefer using a regular sized blush brush.
- Tap off excess before applying on the apples of your cheeks and along your cheekbones.
- Remember, it’s better to start little and just add more until you reach the desired color.
Benefit Rockateur Verdict
When I first opened the box, I was a bit scared to try it out. I thought it was so shimmery. I was surprised it wasn’t at all. It just gives a healthy soft glow on my cheeks. Also, I thought the shade wouldn’t match my skin tone. It can look like a bronzer, which can be unflattering on me. I have fair skin and bronzer has a tendency to give me that fake sun-kissed color, which can look unnatural on me. Surprise, surprise! The warm glow suits me well. It’s as if I went out for a short walk under the sun. 😉 Benefit Rockateur has silky texture that’s easy to blend. No doubt, I love this blush! I just find it a bit pricey though, especially it has lesser content than other Box o’ Powders. But for its quality and unique rose gold shade, I think it’s worth it! 😉
without cheek color
with Benefit Rockateur
Benefit Boutiques and Brow Bars can be found at Trinoma, Greenbelt 5, Rustan’s Makati and Shangri-la Plaza, and SM Mall of Asia.
P.S. If you haven’t joined my COOKOO watch giveaway worth PHP 6,000, check it out in THIS POST! It’s so easy to join- just the usual likes and shares! 😉 Good luck! 😀