Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation has been one of my favorite liquid foundations ever since we met. I use it on a normal day or even on special occasions. I’ve tried it too on several makeup clients who prefer light to medium coverage. And without a miss, I would always get a message at the end of the day asking for the foundation I used. They liked how it looked like real skin, without the feeling of heaviness. So just imagine how excited I was when I heard that it is already available in a cushion compact! For someone who usually applies makeup in the car, that’s music to my ears. Here’s my in-depth Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact review.
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact Product Information
Everything you want in a cushion compact and more. Delivers the weightless feel and coverage of a liquid foundation, skin-boosting ingredients, and an incredibly natural, soft-focus finish. In 6 shades.
The secret to our perfect cushion compact is the combination of capsule technology and airtight packaging—the result is foundation that’s always fresh (never dry or cakey). To preserve freshness and longevity, the innovative cushion doesn’t saturate until first use, and always dispenses just the right amount of product, without drips or spills. It’s the perfect delivery system for our Skin Foundation: Infused with Pink Silk Tree Extract and Caffeine, this skin-boosting formula instantly replenishes skin’s natural energy, while soft-focus, skin tone correct pigments seamlessly cover blemishes, redness and unevenness. Leaves skin looking even, naturally healthy and glowing (translation: like really great skin). Plus, SPF 50 means you’re protected from the damaging effects of UV-related aggressors.
I love Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact because…
- of its packaging. It has innovative capsule technology and airtight packaging, which keeps product fresh and minimizes drying. Best of all, it’s travel-friendly, handy, and spill-proof.
- the cushion dispenses the right amount of product with each press of the cushion.
- it’s available in refills in case I run out of product.
- the formula is packed with skin-boosting ingredients, Pink Silk and Caffeine, which are known to re-energize the skin.
- it delivers true skin finish. Skin looks dewy and healthy.
- a little goes a long way. The formula is a bit runny, which glides smoothly and evenly onto the skin.
- it has buildable coverage – light to medium. It can cover light blemishes, redness and unevenness.
- it’s lightweight – perfect even for humid or tropical weather.
- it does not cake.
- it keeps skin hydrated, which is good for dry to combination skin. Note that it doesn’t look or feel greasy.
- it has great staying power. It can last almost the whole day with little touch ups just to look fresh.
- all shades have yellow undertones, which means it would suite most skin tones.
- it has SPF 50PA+++ yet does not give a white cast.
I wish Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact…
- is available in other regions. Unfortunately, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 50 PA+++ is currently available in Asia only.
- comes in more shades. It’s available in 6 shades, but as said earlier, they all have yellow undertones, which is the universal undertone.
- has good oil control.
Tips on Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact
- For oily skin, use a good oil control primer.
- For those with very dry skin, do not forget to moisturize.
- When using it for the first time, load the refillable compact by inserting capsule into compact base and removing foil lid.
- Press the puff into sponge to release foundation. You can also use a foundation brush for heavier coverage.
- Apply foundation to clean, hydrated skin around the nose and mouth—wherever you see redness—and blend out to the rest of face.
- Set with loose powder or foundation powder, if you need more coverage.
- After use, be sure to close compact tightly to preserve freshness.
- Make sure to clean the puff at least once a week to keep the cushion free from germs and bacteria build up.
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact Verdict
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact is for all skin types. Those with dry or combination skin will find the formula hydrating. On the other hand, those with oily skin won’t find it greasy. If you’ve tried Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, this is the compact version of it. It’s designed for women on the go.
I highly recommend Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact for those who like lightweight foundation with coverage that looks like real healthy skin. If you’re into “barely there” or natural makeup, but not satisfied with just powder foundation, then this liquid foundation is for you. Even first time foundation wearers would love it!
left side facing the computer: bare face; right side facing the computer: with Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact
With Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact all over the face. Notice the redness on the left side in my photo above. My skin looks more even in my photo below.
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact is only released in Asia and is available in all Bobbi Brown counters here in the Philippines.