Clinique’s Even Better line has been around for quite a while. I’ve tried the liquid foundation and it’s one of my favorites! It’s my first time to try the powder foundation, which now has a new formula. Should this be part of your beauty arsenal? Here’s my Clinique Even Better Powder Makeup Water Veil review.
Clinique Even Better Powder Makeup Water Veil Product Information
Luxuriously lightweight powder makeup infused with Clinique’s hydrating essence lotion. Floats on weightlessly yet covers like a liquid. Natural, perfected finish feels like a soft veil of water, lasts all day. Protects against UV damage. Moderate coverage. Natural finish. Oil-free.
I love Clinique Even Better Powder Makeup Water Veil because…
- it comes in a nice small compact, which I can easily slip inside my purse.
- it’s lightweight – as if I’m not wearing anything!
- powder is very finely milled, which glides smoothly and blends easily on the skin.
- it has SPF 27 PA++++ protection.
- coverage is buildable!
- it can even out skin tone and hide light marks. On good days, I can even wear it alone – without concealer.
- skin looks flawless and smooth – result is close to liquid foundation once it sets.
- it has porcelain-like finish, which looks real glowing skin. Skin doesn’t look matte or dull, unlike other powder foundations.
- it’s great for all skin types.
- there’s no white cast – even with flash photography.
I wish Clinique Even Better Powder Makeup Water Veil…
- has good oil control. Note that I have very oily skin. I need to blot after two hours or so.
Tips on Clinique Even Better Powder Makeup Water Veil
- Clean sponge before using it for the first time.
- For medium coverage, use sponge or a dense flat top brush.
- For sheer or light coverage, opt for a fluffy brush.
- For heavy coverage, lightly spray a small amount of facial water on a dense flat top brush, swirl on the compact, and buff on skin.
- For dark under eye circles or blemishes, apply concealer before setting with powder foundation.
Clinique Even Better Powder Makeup Water Veil Verdict
This is probably one of my favorite powder foundations I’ve tried. At first, I wasn’t sure if I liked it because I got a darker shade. I then realized, the longer it stays on my skin, the more it blends. I could even go out with just this sans concealer (of course, only if I’m well-rested and my under eye circles are not so obvious). Coverage is great, making my skin look flawless, smooth, and radiant. The only downside for those with oily skin is its oil control. But I guess it is easier to retouch or blot than find a good powder foundation. Although the price is quite steep, I’d say it’s worth it at PHP 2,050 (including compact and refill).
on face without concealer
Clinique Even Better Powder Makeup Water Veil is available here in the Philippines for PHP 2,050 at Clinique counters.