I have been a huge fan of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and Advanced Night Repair Eye for several years now. These two have been part of my list of holy grail skin care products. This is why when Estee Lauder released a new eye cream, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix, I got extremely excited, especially when I read that it has double the concentration of Hyaluronic Acid. For those who are not aware, hyaluronic acid has the amazing ability to deliver moisture to the skin and has anti-aging benefits, such as deminish wrinkles, firms and tones, supports healing, and improves protective barrier.
I have always been conscious with my eye area as I have a bad habit of scratching my eyes before going to sleep. And it’s not a secret how delicate the skin is around the eye area. Therefore, as expected, fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet are getting deeper, especially when I smile, therefore I feel the need of a stronger and more concentrated eye cream. I’ve been using Advanced Night Repair Concentrate Matrix for more than a month now. How is it? How is it different from ANR Eye? Read on my Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix Review below.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix Product Information
Our Worldwide First. This ultra-nourishing, skin strengthening formula with our innovative 360° Matrix Technology provides a 360° cushion of plumping support to give eyes a fresh, “wide-open” look.
REPAIRS: Proven to dramatically reduce the look of lines, wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles.
FORTIFIES: With 360° Matrix Technology, it strengthens the delicate skin around your eyes.
HYDRATES: Intensely nourishes for a full 24 hours with a 2X concentrated infusion of Hyaluronic Acid.
Pros: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix
- The creamy lotion-like texture instantly hydrates and plumps my eye area. My skin around my eye area looks more supple.
- It is fast absorbing.
- Fine lines on my under eye area are less obvious. Dark circles are lessened too.
- When worn under makeup, my concealer or foundation goes on nicely. It does not cause my makeup to cake or crease too.
- Even if I don’t get much sleep, it makes me look well-rested. My eyes look refreshed and radiant that I could skip concealer.
- It does not cause milia — I have used eye creams that trigger milia.
- The massage applicator feels very relaxing when rolled around the eye area. It has cons though, which I’ll discuss below.
Cons: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix
- A pump packaging would have been perfect. Although I love the massage applicator since it really does a great job in relaxing my eye area, it is unsanitary to put it back in the bottle. Also, I have yet to find out how to get all of the product once I get to the bottom of the bottle. I could already imagine it would be difficult (close to impossible) to scoop out everything. Lastly, the opening of the bottle is too small that the cream smears all over. It can get a little messy after a few uses.
Tips on Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix
- Apply in the morning (before makeup) and night.
- Using the massage applicator, gently roll the tip under each eye three times. Then, massage in a 360° circle under the eye area and above the lid.
- Finish by patting with ring finger until fully absorbed.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix Verdict
This is definitely now part of my list of HG skin care products. I really love how it can keep the eye area moisturized. Just a quick story – My weekly beach trip last month caused my undereye area to be extremely dry – nothing I have experienced before. With continuous use of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix day and night, my eye area was back to normal in a week – and even more hydrated than it used to be!
Also, I was able to test its full potential when I had sleepless nights for more than a week. Surprisingly, my eye area still looked radiant and refreshed, as if I was well-rested. It also plumps the skin making wrinkles and fine lines less pronounced.
Now, the most common question I get – what ANR eye product should you use: Advanced Night Repair Eye, Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum, or Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix?
For first signs of aging, you can use either Advanced Night Repair Eye or Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum. You can just choose which formula you prefer gel crème or serum. To strenghten delicate skin or if you need a more powerful eye cream, I recommend Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix for more nourishment and support. And as mentioned earlier, I felt the need of a more intensive eye cream which is why Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix is for me.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Concentrate Matrix is available in Estee Lauder counters. It is priced at PHP 4,500 here in the Philippines