As promised in my preview of Chanel 2018 Skincare, Makeup, Fragrance post, I’m sharing my full review of the brand’s newest product: Rouge Coco Lip Blush. As the name suggests, it is a lip color and blush in one. Is it good? Is it worth the price? Here is my Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush Review:
Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush Product Information
A touch of subtle colour for the lips, a flash of emotion for the cheeks. Its 2-in-1 gel formula leaves a delicate coloured halo on the cheeks, while its ultra-lightweight, comfortable and non-sticky texture moisturises and softens the lips. A silky and luminous sensation on application that melts away to leave a soft, airy caress on the lips with a matte effect.
Pros: Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush
- It is a 2-in-1 product: lip color and blush. Perfect for travel or when you just want less products in your purse for retouch.
- The doe-foot applicator is tapered for easy application.
- It’s hydrating! It doesn’t feel dry on the lips even if I’m wearing it the entire day. It doesn’t cling on dry areas of the cheeks too.
- The gel formula feels refreshing. It’s very lightweight and not sticky at all.
- It is perfect for those who prefer the soft, blurred lip color. The sheer tint dries to a demi-matte finish.
- As a blush, it is very easy to blend. It doesn’t dry right away so it doesn’t leave any streaks or patches. My cheeks look naturally glowing.
Cons: Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush
- On the lips, it fades easily, especially when eating and drinking. Building the color on the lips can also be tricky as it has the tendency to be patchy.
- On the cheeks, the light shade, specifically 410 Peachy Pink, is not long lasting. Although I super love the color because of the fresh look it gives, it disappears quickly. Longetivity might be better for this shade if you have normal to dry skin. For all other shades though, I do not have any problem since they last longer.
410 Peachy Pink
- Not much shade selection. But since it is just a new product, I’m hoping Chanel would release more shades in the future. See all available shades below.
Tips on Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush
- For a soft, blurred effect on the lips, you can apply about 3 dots and smooshed your lips. You can also use your fingertips and dab the tint on your lips.
- For a fuller color, use the doe-foot applicator.
- For a more defined lips, I use a lipstick or lip pencil underneath. On some days, I use the Lip Blush first then layer a similar shade of Rouge Coco Gloss. This way, the pigment comes out brighter and more even.
- On the cheeks, just apply 3 dots on each cheek then blend with clean fingertips. Add more depending on your desired intensity.
- To make the blush long lasting, apply powder blush on top.
Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush Verdict
It has been my favorite everyday lip and cheek tint ever since I tried it. If you noticed, I’ve always been a fan of the fresh look and Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush helps me achieve this without using a lot of products. Although it is not long lasting, I do not mind re-applying as I love the light, non-sticky and moisturizing gel texture.
I recommend Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush to those looking for a lip and cheek tint that’s very easy to apply.
There are 6 shades available.
from left – right: 414 universal rosy nude, 410 peachy pink, 412 radiant and vibrant orange, 416 intense pink touched with fuchsia, 418 ultimate red, 420 chocolate purple
using Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush 416 intense pink touched with fuchsia and Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss in 806 intense pink touched with fuchsia on top
Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Blush is now available in Chanel counters.