“Nothing makes a woman look prettier than a pop of blush. It’s an instant lift and the quickest way to add a healthy glow to the face.”- Bobbi Brown
When there are times you just want to look instantly fresh, what’s one product do you usually use? I bet, some would say lipstick, while other would go for blush. Well, why not just go for a multi-purpose product? Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge is a cream product that can be used on both cheeks and lips. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now, so here’s my Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge Review.
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge Product Information
Inspired by Bobbi’s memories of her grandmother who used lipstick on her cheeks instead of blush, this creamy formula was created to use on lips and cheeks. Easy to blend, Pot Rouge leaves a sheer, stained finish.
A best seller since its inception in 2006, Pot Rouge’s beloved formula is now available in brand new shades for a variety of skin tones. There is a shade for everyone from the palest pink to the deepest rose, all housed inside a newly designed sleek compact with a mirror.
I love Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge because…
- the compact comes with a mirror for easy retouching.
- Calypso Coral looks so natural on me. It gives me that healthy glow.
- it’s creamy and smooth to apply.
- it’s very easy to blend. It doesn’t create streaks on cheeks.
- it’s buildable- sheer to medium.
- it’s pretty much long-lasting even on oily-skinned individuals like me. See tips below on how to make it last.
- a little goes a long way!
- it’s available in different shades- Powder Pink, Pale Pink, Uber Beige, Calypso Coral and Raspberry.
- I find the price worth it at PHP 1,500. Remember, it’s a multi-purpose product. 😉
I wish Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge…
- isn’t so drying when used as a lip stain.
- it doesn’t settle in between lip lines after a few minutes. See tips below on how to minimize this.
- isn’t too messy to apply. Although you can always use a foundation or lip brush, I still prefer using my fingertips to apply for a natural stain.
Tips on Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge
- Apply cream brush before powder foundation.
- Use fingertips, foundation brush or sponge to apply onto the apples of cheeks. Blend up and down towards the hairline.
- For a natural flush, I prefer using my fingertips. Just apply dots on the apple of your cheek and keep on dabbing until the color blends.
- Less is more! You can always add more product when needed.
- For those with oily skin, you can opt to apply powder blush on top for the color to last longer.
- When used as a lip color, I suggest applying lip liner underneath or a lip gloss on top.
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge Verdict
For a couple of weeks now, I’ve been going for a natural stained look and Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge helps me achieve that. It’s very easy to blend that I don’t have to worry about streaking. Surprisingly, the color also lasts on me considering I have oily skin. Since I have severe dry lips, I can only use Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge as a lip stain if I apply a lip liner underneath. I also make sure to moisturize my lips well before application. Although it doesn’t work so well on my very dry lips, I still highly recommend Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. I really love using it as my everyday blush. Seriously, I can skip everything as long as I apply my Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Calypso Coral. My face just looks so fresh in an instant!
without blush or lip stain
with Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge stain on the cheeks and lips
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge is available at Bobbi Brown counters in Rustan’s Makati (812-2507), Rustan’s Shangri-la Mall (633-4636 loc. 114), Essenses Rockwell (822-9400), Rustan’s Ayala Center Cebu (+6332 231 5633) and Mall of Asia