Between brow waxing and brow threading, I admit, I always go for the latter. If I’m not mistaken, the first and last time I tried brow waxing was when I was in high school. Let’s just say that’s more than 10 years ago. (Oh no, age reveal! LOL!) Not that I was traumatized during my first time. In fact, I can barely remember how it felt. One day, I just woke up and decided to try brow waxing again. Of course, I’d go to one of the famous brow bars here in the Philippines- Benefit Brow Bar.
I went to Benefit branch in Greenbelt 5 as a walk-in client. I was surprised and so happy that they accepted me right away. Of course, making a reservation can be convenient to avoid waiting time in case there would be a lot of customers. But let’s face it, for people on-the-go, like me, we just hate that. I sometimes (or most of the time) decide to do things on the spur of the moment. Thankfully, when I went in and requested for a brow waxing service, they asked me to sit down and started with the service right away.
Here’s the hot wax
- The aesthetician first used Brow Zings in dark shade to draw my eyebrows. She then asked for my approval if I liked the shape. Anything beyond the brow powder will be waxed. Okay, don’t fret! I know you find the brows too thick. It was my initial reaction too, but I trusted her. Just check how it looks later on. 😉
- Before applying the wax on my face, she first tested it at the back of my hand to make sure I can tolerate the heat. She then went on applying the wax with their disposable applicator.
- She also plucked small hair strands that were not waxed.
- Since I have long hair stands, the aesthetician trimmed them for a nicer shape.
- Too make sure my brow area isn’t so red from waxing, she applied cooling cream after.
- She then applied brow makeup, Brow Zings and Gimme Brow, to make my brows ready for my next event.
Here are my brows after…
As for the pain, it wasn’t so bad. Pricking during facial is even more painful. Hehe! It can be a little bit more painful than threading, but waxing is quicker. It feels like it’s just a one-time pain, unlike threading that you could feel a bit of pinching whenever the skin is caught in between the threads. I also learned from my aesthetician that waxing brows is more advisable than threading as the latter can cause the hair strands to grow in different directions. I didn’t know that! 😀
For some, one drawback of Benefit Brow Bar is that it’s just within the boutique where all other customers could see. It’s not so private, but I honestly don’t mind. The service is so quick! Usually threading would last about 30 minutes minimum. My Benefit Brow Waxing service lasted about 15 minutes max! This is also the reason why they could afford to accept walk-in customers. 🙂 But of course, they have a private room for their other waxing services, such as under arm, leg, bikini and brazilian waxing. I can’t wait to try their other waxing services soon! 😀
How about you? Are you into brow waxing or threading? 😉
Benefit Boutiques and Brow Bars can be found at Greenbelt 5, Rustan’s Makati and Shangri-la Plaza, SM Mall of Asia, and Trinoma.