As promised in my What Makes Shiseido Ibuki Skincare Different post, here’s the first part of my review. I will definitely share my thoughts on the skincare line as a whole, but I just feel the need to do a separate Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser review. Let me share with you why.
Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser Product Information
A purifying cleanser that contains micro-granules, for a gentle exfoliating effect. Lathers quickly into a rich foam, to remove harmful excess sebum and impurities without stripping away skin’s essential moisture.
I love Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser because…
- it comes in a tube container, making it quite easy to control the product coming out.
- I only need a pea size to make it into a rich foam.
- it leaves my skin super soft and smooth.
- I get that squeaky clean feeling right after washing.
- it doesn’t leave my skin dry.
- it has gentle micro-granules that sloughs off dead skin.
- despite being a creamy cleanser, it doesn’t cause me to oil up like crazy.
- it didn’t cause allergic reaction or breakouts.
- I find the price worth it. It may look expensive at first since it’s PHP 1,495 (approximately USD 35) for a 125ml facial cleanser. But as said earlier, you only need a pea-sized amount so a tube will last you for a really long time.
- it’s non-comedogenic.
I wish Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser…
- it also comes in a smaller size for those who want to try and for travel.
Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser Tips
- Put a pea-sized amount of cleanser on palm and mix with small amount of water to lather into a creamy foam.
- Massage onto face in gentle circular motions.
- You may alternate this with Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser, which doesn’t have micro-granules.
Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser Verdict
The first time I tried Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser was during my Shiseido Ibuki Oxygen Lounge Experience. Right after my facial treatment, I already felt the difference on my skin, which was extra soft. I was surprised that when I tried Shiseido Ibuki at home, I already felt how soft and smooth my skin was even after the Purifying Cleanser alone. I also thought it wouldn’t quite work on my oily skin. I usually breakout and get really oily with creamy cleansers. Another surprise, Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser didn’t cause me breakouts. It even gave me that squeaky clean feeling right after which lasted for quite awhile. Despite having micro-granules in it, I used it everyday yet it didn’t leave my skin dry. It may look quite pricey for a facial cleanser, but I think it’s really worth it. I seldom find a creamy cleanser that works well with my oily skin. Also, I only need a very small amount so a tube can last me for months.