From the iconic shimmer of NARS Multiples, the brand recently introduced NARS Matte Multiples. Yes, it’s matte- a modern kind of matte. If you’re not a fan of matte-finish products, don’t click that x button just yet. You might want to read this review first. Check out my NARS Matte Multiple Swatches and Review after the break.
NARS Matte Multiple Product Information
Vibrant pops and sensual sun-kissed modern matte hues for lips and cheeks. Used dry it delivers a burst of high-impact color; used wet, color melts into skin with an imperceptibly smooth, sheer finish.
I love NARS Matte Multiple because…
- it’s multi-purpose. It can be used on eyes, lips and cheeks.
- it’s very pigmented.
- it has very creamy texture.
- it’s very easy to blend. You can use your fingers, sponge or brush to apply.
- color is buildable.
- it can be applied dry or wet. Use it dry for high-impact color or use it wet for translucent or sheer finish.
- it’s not the chalky kind of matte. You can still see your natural healthy glow.
- it’s long lasting, even if I have oily skin. See tips below on how to make it last throughout the day.
- it’s not drying on the lips.
- it comes in 7 shades- perfect for all skin tones. The light and bright shades can be used on the cheeks, while the bronze shades can be used for contouring. See swatches below.
- I find the price worth it at PHP 2,250 each at Rustan’s (or about USD 50) for an all-in-one product.
I wish NARS Matte Multiple…
- doesn’t break/melt easily. Since it comes in a creamy stick, it has the tendency to break when product is exposed to heat.
Tips on NARS Matte Multiple
- Leave in cold or room temperature to keep the stick intact.
- I prefer using my fingers to apply blush and lip color. It helps in warming up the product first. For contouring, I use a brush instead.
- To make it last, especially on oily skin, set with a translucent powder on top.
- Remember, it’s always better to start with a little amount of product, then slowly build up the color.
- If used as a cheek color, apply dots on the apples of the cheeks using your fingertips and blend it out towards the ear.
- During the launch of NARS Matte Multiple in the Philippines, NARS International Makeup Artist Janice Daoud showed a trick on how to contour the face. Simply put your palm as demonstrated below and that should be the direction of your contour.
NARS Matte Multiple Swatches and Recommendations
For those with fair skin, I would recommend Exumas for a natural glow. Corals are my best bet when it comes to natural flush. Anguilla is also one of my favorites for a doll-like effect. For the bold and adventurous, Siam is the way to go.
Altai would be the perfect shade for contouring if you have fair skin. Vientiane and Cappadoce can be too dark, but as seen in my photos, I was still able to work around with Vientiane. Just apply with a very light hand to leave a sheer stain.
Vientiane as lip color
Vientiane to contour the hollows of the cheeks, jaw line, hairline, and temples
NARS Matte Multiple Verdict
To be honest, the last time I used a cream product for contouring was back when I was in makeup school. Cream products are the best when contouring as they look more natural than powders, BUT they are the hardest to apply. Your skills on blending will be put to the test. Since I got NARS Matte Multiple in Vientiane (a bronze shade, as seen in the swatches above), I was set to use it only as a lip color. But I eventually thought of trying it out to contour my face for review purposes and guess what?! I was floored on how creamy and easy it is to blend! I used a brush to contour and used my fingertips to apply lip color. Now, I find myself contouring my face almost everyday using this magical stick!
NARS Matte Multiple’s creamy texture and blendability is definitely impressive. It also lasts even on oily skin. I love that it’s perfect for touchups and traveling since it’s an all-in-one product- eyes, lips and cheeks. And last but not the least, its modern matte finish allows natural glow to show, which I’m such a big fan.
NARS Matte Multiples are available in the Philippines at Rustan’s Department Store.