A few weeks ago, Physiogel officially launched their newest skincare line, the Calming Relief Face Care range, in Bangkok. They gathered Southeast Asia’s beauty influencers, which they call Physiogel Inner Circle, with a mission to educate women on the causes and triggers of sensitive skin, to motivate them to take charge of their skin sensitivity and advocate the effectiveness of using the right skincare. And to be part of this Physiogel Inner Circle is truly an honor.
Bangkok, we meet again!
I, together with fellow bloggers, magazine editors, and Physiogel Philippines team, stayed at Anantara Siam Bangkok. The moment I entered, I immediately felt a sense of déjà vu. I couldn’t remember booking specifically in Anantara before, but the lobby was very familiar.
True enough, when I was ushered to my room and saw this view, I knew I stayed in this hotel before. Apparently, it used to be Four Seasons Hotel. It was an unforgettable and relaxing stay so I already foreshadowed that this trip would definitely be a blast!
On our first night, the Physiogel team prepared a welcome dinner at Spice Market for everyone who flew in for the launch – bloggers and magazine editors from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
Ahhh… I love Thai food – and I mean, authentic Thai food! I guess all of us went back to our rooms with happy tummies!
And just when I thought I would be doing my usual night ritual before going to bed, I was surprised to see this in the washroom…
I love surprises! And it was so sweet of Physiogel to make sure our skin is well taken care of during our stay in Bangkok. Thank you, Physiogel team! This was my first night to try out the Calming Relief Cleanser.
Physiogel Calming Relief Face Care Launch
The launch was held at St. Regis Hotel, which is literally a few steps away from Anantara Siam Hotel. But of course before going to the launch, we, bloggers, must do what we gotta do – take photos of our outfit! Haha! Well, we were all made up and we wanted to take advantage of the beautiful garden of Anantara, so…
Anyway, an #OOTD post is definitely coming up next!
Just outside the function room at St. Regis, a huge photo wall greeted us. We made sure to take photos before the actual program started.
When we got inside the room, I could not help but feel excited to be seated in a table which had the sign “Philippines”. It was as if we are the beauty council of the Philippines. Hey, it’s not bad to dream! Haha!
Anyway, just a few minutes later the program started. It was hosted by Ning Saraichatt, a Thai TV host, who amazingly translated everything from English to Thai all throughout the event.
Maulani Affandi (Marketing Direcotr, Skin Health at GlaxoSmithKline), Dr. Peter Blenkiron (Vice President, New Product Development, Skin Health Category Research & Development), and Dr. Poohglin Tresukosol (dermatologist and contact dermatitis specialist in Phyathai 2 hospital) talked about skin sensitivity and the new Physiogel Calming Relief Facial Care Range. (Sharing all important points I learned at the end of this post)
Before the program ended, there was a Physiogel Inner Circle talk show wherein Melissa Koh, influencer from Singapore, was part of. She just came from New York fashion week and she shared how Physiogel Calming Relief Face Care protected her skin from winter.
Carol Lin then demonstrated how to use the Physiogel Calming Relief range. It is actually interesting to know that the cleanser can be used as a makeup remover for light makeup. Oh, and did I mention that the cleanser does not have to be rinsed with water? Just wipe off the cleanser with facial tissue or cotton pads! As for the Face Cream, a face massage can be done to help absorb the product. For those with dry lips, Carol said it can also be used to moisturize the lips. Okay, now I have to do that!
We also had the chance to interview the speakers separately after the program.
Then, everyone was asked to proceed to the makeover room in batches to try out the new Physiogel Calming Relief products and have our makeup done.
Sorry, I just have to do a mirror selfie since the makeup artist did a great job! I was afraid that the makeup would slide off by the end of the day since the cleanser was used (without rinsing), followed by the face cream. Surprisingly, even after 5 hours, my makeup was still intact!
Overall, it was a very insightful launch. I learned a lot about skin sensitivity and how Physiogel Calming Relief Face Care actually works. I’ve summarized below the good-to-know facts that could possibly help all the ladies out there.
- Signs that skin is dry, sensitive and reactive are red patches that feel rough and scaly. Itching, burning or stinging sensations may also be felt.
- Usually, dry skin is coupled by red skin, BUT oily skin can also experience red or sensitive skin.
- Dry, sensitive and red skin can be due to damaged moisture barrier, which causes moisture to escape and irritants to enter. The moisture barrier is composed of lipids (natural fats) that help keep the outer layer of the skin moist and healthy.
- Disruption or weakening of skin’s natural lipid barrier is caused by environmental, internal and chemical factors. These can be pollution, stress, harsh cosmetics and soaps, unbalanced lifestyle, diet, exposure to air conditioning, and prolonged haze conditions.
- Sensitive skin can be occasional, which is triggered by something.
- Physiogel products contain BioMimic Technology, which repairs the skin’s moisture barrier. How? The formula contains lipids that are similar to those found in the skin. By mimicking the skin’s natural lipid structure, skin’s hydration is improved, at the same time, bacteria and allergens from the outside are blocked.
- The Physiogel Calming Relief Face Care range has immediate benefit on dry skin. Redness is then lessened when skin is repaired.
- Since the Physiogel Calming Relief Face Care range is for sensitive skin, it can also be used by those who suffer from Rosacea.
Whew! That’s quite a lot but I hope these would help all of you understand your skin better and how Physiogel products actually work.
Here are a few more photos during the launch.
with Jacki Go
with Melissa Koh
Thank you so much Physiogel for a wonderful time!
By the way, keep on coming back here in my blog for the result of my Physiogel Calming Relief Face Cream 14-Day Challenge.