In a previous post, I shared about the latest mascara in town that rocked the beauty world – the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara. With the Hook ‘n’ Roll (patent pending) brush of the Roller Lash, it is said to hook, lift and curl the lashes. Take note, it can curl the lashes even without the use of eyelash curler. For us to easily understand, it works like velcro rollers. The bristles grip onto the lashes, and as you brush to the tip while coating the lashes with black ink, they pull the hair strands upwards and curl. It sounds like a marketing ploy, right? Anyway, I won’t keep you waiting. Does it actually work? Here’s my Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Review.
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Product Information
It’s a roller for lashes! The eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours.
97% said it visibly lifts lashes*
87% said it gives long-lasting curl*
94% said eyes look more wide open*
*consumer panel survey on 31 women after 4 weeks
I love Benefit Roller Lash Mascara because…
- it has adorable packaging. It’s Benefit so it’s definitely expected! 🙂
- it curls my lashes even without using an eyelash curler. Although the result is not as curled as using an eyelash curler, there is an obvious difference. Note that I have really straight lashes. (see photos below)
- the curl lasts all day. I have stubborn lashes, which usually weighs down by the end of the day.
- it doesn’t clump.
- I can skip eyeliner. With its unique wand, I can get close to the roots of my lashes.
- it has a perfect brush that can grab even the tiniest lash.
- it doesn’t flake or smear even when worn all day.
- it comes off effortlessly – even with a regular eye makeup remover.
- I find it really worth it for its price -PHP 1,300 (about USD 28).
I wish Benefit Roller Lash Mascara…
- can also make the lashes appear thicker. It’s a mascara that’s more lengthening than volumizing.
- is waterproof. It’s only water-resistant.
Tips on Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Wiggle the wand from base of the lashes, then brush to the tips.
- If you want your lashes to appear thicker, apply Benefit Roller Lash first then layer with a volumizing mascara.
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Verdict
It sounds unbelievable but this mascara hooks, lifts and curls! It’s perfect for those on the go. There’s no need to spend time curling. You can skip eyeliner too since you can really get close to the roots. It holds the curl and doesn’t flake or smudge. Although it falls a bit short on the volumizing department, you can easily layer a volumizing mascara after applying the Roller Lash.
I recommend Benefit Roller Lash Mascara to those with short lashes, straight lashes, or small eyes.
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara brush
Left facing you: applied Benefit Roller Lash Mascara without using eyelash curler
Right facing you: bare lashes
side view: curl is more obvious; didn’t use eyelash curler
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara is now available in all Benefit boutiques.