When H2O Plus launched in the Philippines, it was all about skincare. Oily-skinned individuals appreciated the brand because of their water-based products. Late last year, they finally launched their cc cream, a makeup and skincare in one tube. Are you into color-correcting creams? This might be what you’re looking for. Why? Read on my H2O Face Oasis CC Cream Review after the break.
H2O Face Oasis CC Cream Product Information
This multi-benefit correcting cream goes on light to instantly improve the look of dull, uneven skin. Sheer/medium coverage.
I love H2O Face Oasis CC Cream because…
- it has light to medium coverage. This has really good coverage compared to most CC creams in the market.
- it didn’t cause me pimples or allergic reactions.
- it has SPF 30 PA +++.
- it minimizes the look of pores.
- it has light-diffusing diamond powder that blurs out imperfections.
- it has Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that helps brighten skin and fade discoloration.
- it makes my skin look plump and dewy.
- it’s oil-free. It can control oil for a few hours.
I wish H2O Face Oasis CC Cream…
- comes in a transparent packaging so I can easily see how much product is left.
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 1,900 (about USD 42) for a 30ml tube.
- has more shades. It’s only available in 2 shades: Fair/Light and Light/Medium. My exact shade falls in between.
- does not have the tendency to flake. This happens when you have dry skin or patches. See tips below to know how to avoid this.
Tips on H2O Face Oasis CC Cream
- If you have dry face or patches, exfoliate and apply moisturizer first to avoid flaking.
- Apply H20 Face Oasis CC Cream using your fingers for a lighter coverage, otherwise use a foundation brush or sponge.
- Dab concealer on blemishes or under eye circles, if needed.
- Set the cc cream with translucent powder. If you want more coverage though, you can use powder foundation to set the cc cream.
- If your skin tone doesn’t have an exact match, adjust the shade by layering powder foundation. If the cc cream is too light, you can dust a darker shade of powder on top. On the other hand, use a lighter shade of powder if you find the cc cream too dark for your skin tone.
H2O Face Oasis CC Cream Verdict
I recommend H2o Face Oasis CC Cream to those looking for an oil-free cc cream with really good coverage. Usually, cc creams “neutralize” skin discolorations, which means you’ll still need to layer a foundation on top if you want coverage. With H20 CC Cream though, I don’t find the need to apply foundation because of its medium coverage. It blurs out imperfections too due to the diamond powder in it. I really like how my skin looks so smooth, dewy and healthy whenever I use H2o CC Cream. But since I really have oily skin, I still have to dab translucent powder on top. When it comes to oil control, I’d still look greasy after an hour or so, but it controls better than most cc and bb creams I’ve tried. The real downside for me is the price, which is PHP 1,900 for a 30ml tube.
with H2o Face Oasis CC Cream all over the face, no powder on top
H2o Face Oasis CC Cream is available at SM Department Stores (SM Makati, Aura, Megamall, Mall of Asia, and North EDSA) and Fresh Fragrance Bar.