One of the most neglected part of our body is probably our feet. We always use them, but most of us don’t give much attention to them. Well, maybe because we always wear shoes, so what are the chances that others would see the dry, cracked skin on our feet? But of course, nobody wants to see their own feet flaking and full of calluses. Aside from being unsightly, it can be uncomfortable to walk when that unwanted hard skin starts to develop.
A way to get rid of the scaly dry skin is through a foot spa. Don’t you just love how your skin feels so soft and smooth right after pampering your feet? But not all can afford to get a foot spa weekly. One, it’s costly. Two, it’s time consuming. This is why I’m so happy that Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi Electronic Foot File came into my life! I actually gave my initial review in this post – Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi Electronic Foot File. And since I got several reactions from friends, family and readers, I realized most of us actually have problematic feet. By “problematic”, I meant dry, cracked feet. So, I decided to give a step by step instruction on how to get rid of dry, cracked skin on your feet without having to spend so much.
Here’s my heel situation prior to using Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi Electronic Foot File.
Tips on how to get rid of dry, cracked skin on your feet
1. First, clean feet thoroughly with soap and water. Then, dry. You need to use Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi Electronic Foot File on dry feet.
2. Before using the device, make sure that the roller head is securely inserted into the unit. Then, turn on the unit by twisting the silver ring to the left.
3. Gently glide the roller head over hard skin. Do not press too hard. Continue until feet feel smooth. Remember though not to use on the same area for more than 3-4 seconds at a time. As for me, my most problematic areas are the heels and the toe mounds.
As you glide the roller head, you’ll see the dead skin will gradually exfoliate. This is because of the specially-designed Micralumina roller head, which is effective yet gentle in removing hard skin. Here’s what I was able to remove on my heel!
4. Once done, turn the unit off by twisting the silver ring to the right.
5. Wipe or rinse feet to remove excess dead skin particles.
6. Massage lotion or moisturizer on your feet. It also helps to wear socks at night right after applying lotion to lock in the moisture. You’ll see a big difference in softness and smoothness when you wake up in the morning.
Here’s how my heel looks after one use of Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi Electronic Foot File.
This is the before…
and this is after…
Take note that I haven’t used moisturizer yet in these photos, yet the dry skin is almost gone. My heel is softer and smoother to touch. Yup, beautiful and smooth feet after one use!
In my experience, you can use Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi Electronic Foot File for about three times a week in your initial use. Once you’ve obtained the level of smoothness you like, just maintain it and use the device once a week. What I love about it, which I believe I also mentioned in my previous post, is that I can use it anytime, anywhere I want. I don’t need to go to a salon to have a foot spa. I can simply glide the device on my feet while watching television or while reading a magazine. Plus, it only takes 30 seconds to a minute. A normal foot spa takes an hour, not to mention the time I spend inside the car going to the salon.
How to clean Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi Electronic Foot File
Some might think that PHP 1,685 is quite steep for a foot file. Take note that Scholl Electronic Foot File is not a one-time use device. It has replaceable roller head, when it wears out. Also, several members of the family can use the device by simply replacing the roller head for sanitation purposes. Now, how to clean the roller head?
1. First, of course, is to remove the roller head. Make sure the unit is turned off. Also, take note that the device itself is not waterproof so you need to detach the roller head by just pressing the eject button on the side of the unit.
Once you press it, gently pull the roller away from the unit.
see the white particles all over the roller head?
2. Simply rinse the roller head with water.
3. To clean the body of the unit, use a damp cloth.
4. Then, dry both the roller head and main unit with a clean dry cloth.
5. To put back the roller head to the device, the head has this white spring-like “button” on each side. Simply put one side on the hole of the unit to keep it in place, then just push down the button of the other side and slide down. Make sure both sides are securely in place.
6. Lastly, put back the protective cover of the roller head for storage.
See how easy it is to get rid of dry, cracked skin on your feet? Now, you can have soft and beautiful feet everyday without spending so much money and time.
Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi Electronic Foot File is available in selected Watsons stores. Get instant updates from Scholl by following them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SchollPhilippines).