Recently, I was introduced to another Filipino cosmetic brand, Sooper Beaute. It’s really nice to see more and more local brands in the beauty industry. Sooper Beaute offers a couple of makeup and skincare products. Take note, they are all very affordable! Today, let’s talk about one of my fave makeup products – lip and cheek tint. I’ve always been a fan of multi-purpose products since I’m always on the go. Let’s see if it lives up to my expectations. Read on my Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy review below.
Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy Product Information
The So Matte Lip & Cheek therapy is made with grapeseed oil for lip moisture. It’s a dual-purpose lip & cheek tint perfect for girls on the go.
I love Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy because…
- it’s creamy and glides smoothly on the lips.
- it doesn’t dry down really matte. It’s more of a demi-matte finish, which I prefer since I have very dry lips.
- it has a nice vanilla scent. I can smell it while the product is on my lips, but I’m not bothered at all. This can be a downside to those who prefer fragrance-free makeup though.
- it didn’t cause allergic reaction, irritation, or breakouts.
- it doesn’t make my lips dry even when worn for several hours.
- it doesn’t settle in between the lines.
- staying power as lipstick is great – even if I drink water. It fades nicely, especially for lighter shades. But of course, reapplication is a must after eating.
- it’s very easy to blend on the cheeks, even if there’s powder underneath. It doesn’t leave streaks.
- the size of the doe foot applicator makes it easy for me to apply on the edges of my lips.
- the size of the tube is perfect. It’s easy to slip inside a small purse.
- it’s a 2-in-1 product: lip and cheek tint. Perfect for ladies on the go.
I wish Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy…
- comes in a more elegant packaging. Currently, the products only have sticker labels on it, but considering the price point, I don’t mind.
- lasts longer as cheek tint. I need to reapply by midday. See tips below how to make it stay longer.
- comes in more shades. Although the colors currently available are really pretty, more choices sound fun for makeup enthusiasts, like me.
- is highly pigmented. It takes about 2-3 layers to give me an even color on my lips. What’s great about this product is it’s buildable.
Tips on Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy
- For a natural flush, apply tint under powder foundation.
- To make the tint last longer, apply powder blush on top.
- For healthy looking lips, make sure to exfoliate to lessen dryness and appearance of lip lines.
- If you want to add shine, apply lip gloss on top.
- Remember, less is more. It’s always better to start with less product and just add more when needed.
Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy Verdict
I recommend Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Therapy to those who are looking for an affordable lip and cheek tint. It may not be “So Matte”, as the name suggests (dries down to demi-matte finish), yet I appreciate it more since it leaves my lips moisturized. It doesn’t cause my lips to crack or flake, even if I use it the whole day. Considering its price (PhP 380 per tube), I personally think it’s a good buy!
from left to right: Astra, Polaris, Aquarius, and Zodiac
Astra on lips and cheeks
The Sooper Beaute So Matte Lip & Cheek Therapy is available at SM Southmall, SM North Edsa, Cinderella Makati and for online orders Instagram @sooperbeaute