Bowls, spoons, flavored powders… the photo below looks like I’m in a kitchen and about to cook something. Agree?
Wait a minute… me? cook? My friends would go wild if they see me cook! LOL! But don’t worry, this has nothing to do with cooking! It’s skincare, my friends! Yup, skincare! It’s Origins new experiential RitualiTea, which empowers you to take control of the masking process, inspiring you to press pause, escape the ordinary and transport yourself to the fully sensorial word of tea.
RitualiTea™ is Origins first-ever tea based collection, wholly inspired by tea rituals from around the world combined with the ingredient’s rich wellbeing benefits. RitualiTea’s four signature blends of sensorial and efficacious powder face and body masks puts the “me” back in #MeTime through a transformative and multi-sensorial beauty experience, both in and out of the shower.
The multi-use RitualiTea™ Cleansing Body Mask (the one in tube packaging) is a creamy, exfoliating treatment crafted with antioxidant-rich teas and naturally exfoliating sugars. For a luxurious full body mask, step out of the shower stream and massage onto skin to extend the buffing and exfoliating experience. For a more timely transformation, indulge your skin while showering to immediately exfoliate and smooth.
RitualiTea™ Powder Face Mask’s artisanal process allows you to craft your own mask with water. When mixed, the powder transforms into an antioxidant rich tea-infused frothy cream. Each effervescent mask has a unique blend of tea leaves and raw natural ingredients to provide your skin with a restorative and healthy boost and sensorial benefits for radiant, healthy skin. The collection also features a signature non-slip CaliBowl™ and dual-ended tool that helps you mix, measure and apply.
Place a scoop or a teaspoon of powder in a bowl, then add water (one is to one). Mix until the texture becomes creamy.
Here’s how it should look after… As you can see, there are fresh bits of tea leaves in the mixture.
RitualiTea™ Powder Face Masks and Cleansing Body Masks are offered in four signature blends:
Origins RitualiTea: Mind Over Mate
- This invigorating mix helps clarify the skin, to keep it looking vibrant and clear with a stimulating cooling sensation while the bright, citrus scent revives the senses.
- Yerba Mate is known to be rich in minerals, antioxidants, amino acids and polyphenols that are said to provide a greater sense of clarity, and mental energy.
- Yerba Mate is native to South America, where a single gourd of Yerba Mate is traditionally shared amongst friends to build a sense of community and extend friendship.
- Yerba Mate is one of the most popular beverages in the world due to its widespread use and its invigorating benefits.
Origins RitualiTea: Matcha Madness
- This antioxidant-rich revitalizing blend helps renew, relax and restore skin’s texture while soothing and nurturing the senses with an herbaceous green tea scent.
- This high-quality green tea is known to contain L-Theanine, an amino acid that is shown to relieve stress, improve focus and foster a state of wakeful relaxation.
- Matcha is a highly important part of Japanese culture and was popularized by Buddhist Monks centuries ago when used to enhance mindful meditation and increase alertness.
Origins RitualiTea: Feeling Rosy
- This comforting blend helps replenish youthful appearance by calming skin, leaving it feeling smooth and soft while the fresh rose and herbal tea scent comforts the senses.
- Rooibos is known to contain alpha-hydroxy acid and zinc, both of which can help calm several skin problems.
- Rooibos is grown in South Africa and has been used by indigenous tribes for centuries to support overall well being.
Origins RitualiTea: Oolong-La
- This purifying mix helps refine and gently exfoliate skin to leave it clear and smooth. Black tea and spicy notes of cardamom and cinnamon warm the senses.
- The polyphenols found in Oolong leaves are said to help eradicate the free radicals from our body.
- Oolong dates back to the 10th century and was named “Oriental Beauty” in the 19th century by the Queen of England. It is now famously sourced from China where it is uniquely processed using artisanal techniques handed down through centuries.
You can use different kinds of masks on the different areas of the face. For example, Oolong-La is great for oily skin so this can be applied on the t-zone for those with combination skin. The other 3 masks are good for all skin types so you can choose one for the drier areas.
Here are the swatches of the four signature blends of the powder face masks:
L-R: Oolong-La, Mind Over Mate, Feeling Rosy, Matcha Madness
I personally love how Oolong-La smells. Well, it’s very much like the Oolong tea. On the other hand, the Mind Over Mate is energizing! The Matcha Madness makes me want to eat the mask. Kidding! I find the scent of the green tea very relaxing. For those who love the rose scent, you’ll definitely indulge with Feeling Rosy!
RitualiTea™ Powder Face Masks (Php 2,400), Cleansing Body Masks (Php 1,850) and Powder Mask Mixing Bowl and Tool (Php 850 each) are available at Origins SM Makati, SM Megamall & SM Mall of Asia.