I usually go for liquid or gel eye liner because of my super oily lids. Most eye liner pencils I’ve tried give me raccoon eyes at the end of the day – even if it says “smudge-proof”. But of course, as a beauty enthusiast, I never stop trying out different products. Besides, what doesn’t work for me can work for others. So, for a few weeks now, I’ve been trying the new Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner. The name itself sounds promising, right? I tried it in both cool and hot and humid weather. Here’s my Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner Review.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner Product Information
Draw the line.
Crave-worthy color that lasts all day and night—up to 24 hours.
From precision definition to a sultry smolder, the possibilities are endless. Includes a soft smudge tip and built-in sharpener. For a smudged effect, blend before it sets.
Waterproof. Smudge-, sweat-, heat- and humidity-resistant.
I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner because…
- it’s retractable – no need to sharpen.
- it’s creamy and glides smoothly without tugging my skin.
- it has a built-in sharpener on the other end – if you prefer a sharper tip.
- it has various colors available.
- it doesn’t smudge or flake even when I’m wearing it the entire day.
- it’s easy to draw a thin line – even for tight line and waterline. The liner itself is slim that I don’t feel uncomfortable while lining close to my lash line.
- it’s waterproof.
- it can be removed with gentle soap and water.
I wish Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner…
- has a useable smudge tip. I like the idea that it has a built-in smudge tip, but when I tried it, it tends to tug my skin. I still prefer using a bullet brush to smudge the liner before it sets.
- is less expensive (Priced at PHP 1,260 / USD $24). But for a pencil that actually works (doesn’t smudge or flake) on my oily lids, I’m definitely willing to spend.
Tips on Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner
- When using the liner, make sure to expose just enough product to avoid breakage. Also, don’t forget to retract the liner before closing the cap.
- To tight line, tilt head 10° back while looking into a mirror. Then, draw a line starting from the outer corner of eye to the middle of the lashline. Do the same from the inner corner of eye, connecting to the first line.
- For thicker-looking lashes, fill in the gaps by wiggling the pencil tip back and forth in between the lashes.
- Although it can be removed with gentle soap and water, I’d still suggest to use a make-up remover for less skin contact or rubbing.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner sets pretty quickly so if you want to smudge the line for a smoky effect, do so using a bullet brush before it sets!
Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner Verdict
It worked on my very oily lids! This may not be the softest and creamiest eye pencil I’ve tried, but as long as it doesn’t tug my skin and most especially, stays all day without smudging and flaking, I won’t think twice to spend for it.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner in 02 Espresso
I tried rubbing under running water and the swatches are still there. No bleeding, no signs of smuging, no flaking.