For someone who have oily skin, I don’t usually go for BB cream because of its dewy finish. Although I like highlighting, dewy can sometimes be mistaken as greasy with my kind of skin. But thankfully, BB creams these days are not just for those with dry skin. Some have matte finish too. Take note though that I’m not a fan of a very matte foundation or bb cream since I still like dimension. I’m after that subtle glow and healthy skin finish. Ooops… I hope I don’t confuse you. Anyway, let’s see if this Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit actually “fits” my taste. Read on my Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit Review after the jump.
Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit Product Description
This all-day pearly bright skin BB Cream perfectly glides onto skin providing clear and bright complexion with a smooth, cotton-like powdery finish for flawless skin.
I love Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit because…
- it comes in a nice pump packaging, which is not prone to accidental spills when travelling. Although the downside of this kind of container for me is that it’s quite hard to dispense when product is nearly finish.
- it has SPF 30 PA ++.
- it has very light powdery scent (almost negligible) – but can be a con to those who prefer fragrance-free makeup.
- it’s creamy – spreads and blends easily.
- it doesn’t leave a white cast under natural lighting.
- it has great coverage – light to medium. It can cover up my under eye area and acne marks pretty well.
- it brightens up the skin instantly upon application.
- it has matte finish, yet with glow-y effect. This is perfect for combination and oily skin. It also works for dry skin.
- it’s lightweight.
- it doesn’t cake.
- didn’t experience allergic reactions, irritations, or breakouts.
- it’s affordable at PHP 848, 60g.
I wish Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit…
- comes in more shades. I’m a #W13 Natural Beige. #N02 Light Beige has a slight pink tone in it, while the darkest shade is #W24 Honey Beige. There are only 3 shades available.
- comes in smaller size for travel.
- can control oil. Although it didn’t cause my skin to be extra oily, I still need to blot by midday.
Tips on Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit
- Despite having SPF 30 PA++, I still prefer using a separate product for sun protection which I apply before any makeup.
- Apply few dots of BB cream all over the face and blend out with clean fingers. You can also use a sponge, if you wish. Note: Blend quickly since it sets pretty fast.
- For very light coverage, I only use half pump. If I want medium coverage, 1 full pump is enough for the whole face.
- For very dry skin, don’t forget to apply moisturizer first.
- Since I have oily skin, I prefer dusting with loose powder on top of the bb cream.
Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit Verdict
Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit is a great bb cream even for those with oily skin. It has matte finish, but still has a subtle glow-y effect. I’m also happy with the coverage since I don’t need concealer to cover up my under eye area and dark acne marks. I tried using Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit during my travel in Australia and it lasted all day on cool weather. On hot and humid days though, it started to wear out after 6 hours, especially on my nose area. But over-all, it’s a great bb cream – good coverage and not oily-looking. If you happen to love the dewy look of other BB creams, you can try out the other variants of Etude House BB Cream.
No concealer. Just Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit all over the face.
Etude House BB Cream Cotton Fit is available in all Etude House boutiques and online (www.etudehouse.ph). Follow their online accounts for instant updates – Facebook (EtudeHousePhilippines), Twitter (@etudehousegirl), and Instagram (@etudehousephilippines).