Poise Makeup Professional is a U.S. brand that is fairly new in the Philippines. It has a full line of makeup products that are mineral-based. And since I’ve been into liquid matte lipsticks lately, I tried Poise’s version. Here’s my Poise Liquid Matte Lipstick Review.
Poise Liquid Matte Lipstick Product Information
Sheer in texture and with rich opaque color. Long-wearing with long lasting hydration. Matte finish with a smooth appearance.
I love Poise Liquid Matte Lipstick because…
- it’s super long lasting. It only fades a little after eating and drinking.
- it dries matte, of course.
- it does not dry the lips badly even when worn the whole day.
- it’s lightweight.
- it’s mineral-based, which means it’s Paraben-free! Yay!
- it doesn’t turn to matte quickly, therefore I could take time applying the product. This can be a con for some.
- it feels comfortable on the lips – as if I’m just wearing a regular matte lipstick, no plastic feel on top of the lips.
I wish Poise Liquid Matte Lipstick…
- does not have that strong vanilla-like scent.
- has better applicator. For dark shades, it’s quite hard to perfectly line the lips and reach the corners of the mouth
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 1,250 (about $25).
- is easily available. Currently, it’s available in zalora.com.ph
Tips on Poise Liquid Matte Lipstick
- If you have dry lips, don’t forget to prep – exfoliate and mositurize the lips.
- I prefer using a lip brush to line the lips, then use the applicator to fill in.
- You can also use a lip liner before applying Poise Liquid Matte.
Poise Liquid Matte Lipstick Verdict
Over-all I was impressed by its performance. The texture is a bit thicker than other liquid matte lipsticks, but it doesn’t feel heavy at all. The scent can be bothersome, but not a reason for me not to buy.
I recommend Poise Liquid Matte Lipstick to those who are willing to spend for a long-wearing liquid matte lipstick.
This is shade 104.
I have no makeup, except for this lippie! I love how it can instantly brighten the face!
For more information about Poise Makeup Professional products, visit www.facebook.com/poisemakeupph and Instagram @PoiseMakeupPH