It is not a secret that I am a HUGE fan of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. I swear by it – and I know a lot of ladies also do, making it the brand’s best-seller. But just imagine my excitement when I heard about the Estee Lauder’s PowerFoil Mask with double the dose of Hyaluronic Acid, the powerful ingredient in every ANR bottle. Is it worth every cent? How powerful is this PowerFoil technology? Read on my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask Review below.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask Product Information
Reset the look of your skin after the visible assaults of modern life with this innovative weekly treatment mask. Instantly, skin looks fresher, renewed.
Our Worldwide First: PowerFoil. High-performance foil-backed sheet mask creates a protective barrier, allowing our potent technologies to penetrate fast and deep within skin’s surface and helping to lock in moisture.
2X Hyaluronic Acid. Each treatment delivers a surge of liquid revitalization, immersing skin in a double dose of Advanced Night Repair Serum’s powerful moisture magnet. Also includes our proven ChronoluxCB™ technologies. Experience an ultimate infusion of youthful moisture.
Pros: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask
- The mask comes in two parts for a custom fit. This makes it easy to put it on. It fits snugly that I could do other things while I have the mask on.
- The cotton mask is packed with double dose of Hyaluronic Acid. It is super saturated with serum that there is lot of residue left in the pack when I removed the mask. There is like half a bottle of ANR serum in one pack!
- The unique foil-back enhances absorption and helps locking in moisture. In just 10 minutes, I could already feel the mask drying. The foil is quite durable as well. It is not the kind of foil we can find in the kitchen so you don’t have to worry about sharp edges that could scratch your skin.
- The mask is durable – no need to worry that it might rip.
- Skin feels firmer, soft, and very hydrated right after. It also looks well-rested, plumped and radiant.
- It didn’t clog my pores or cause my skin to breakout. No allergic reaction or irritation.
Cons: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask
- It can appear quite pricey – PHP 4,300 (about USD 80) a box with 4 masks. That’s PHP 1,075 (about USD 20) per piece.
- Those with very sensitive skin need to patch test. There can be a slight tingling sensation at first, which might cause irritation to some.
Tips on Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask
- Estee Lauder recommends using the mask once a week. If you have a very good and strict skin care routine though, I would suggest using it once every two weeks or montly. You can also use it the night before a special event or whenever you want to look fabulous!
- Make sure to have a clean face. I like exfoliating my skin prior to mask application for better absorption.
- Before putting on the mask, I like to open a corner of the mask and pour out loose serum. I pat this around my face then apply the mask on top. Some do this after removing the mask. Either is acceptable. I just want to get the most out of the PowerFoil technology.
- Apply the bottom half of the face first, then the top half. Leave on for 10 minutes, then remove mask and gently massage in any remaining liquid.
- Use the mask at night before sleeping as our skin regenerates faster at night.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask Verdict
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask definitely did not disappoint. This is like my favorite Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum times 10. Well, it is basically a serum in mask form but with a double dose of active ingredients and PowerFoil technology for better absorption. Result: renewed, super moisturized and radiant skin.
I tried this mask after my 3 consecutive beach trips and my 2-week vacation in Holy Land. In both instances, my skin became very dry and dull even if I religiously apply my skin care regimen. The sun exposure all day, everyday took a toll on my skin. When I used Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery PowerFoil Mask, my skin was instantly revived! The loss moisture was renewed and I got my glow back.
To be honest, the price can be a setback, which is why I recommend using it only when needed. I would suggest using it the night before a special ocassion – date night, wedding, shoot, or any big event. Basically, it should be used when you want to look fab the next day! It’s also for “emergency” cases, like what happened to my skin. The mask is a fast and effective way to bring back healthy skin. It is for stressful days or when you want to calm down your skin post-heavy makeup. You can even use it in a long haul flight as pressurized cabin can dry out the skin. (Do you know I like using masks while in the plane? It is the secret to look fresh even after a long flight.) These are the reasons why I said, “It can appear pricey” as a con. Yes, it is quite expensive but it is not something you have to use often. It could be your “emergency mask”. But of course, if you have money to spare, a weekly habit for your overall skin’s health wouldn’t hurt as it’s a great anti-aging product too.