I’m very picky when it comes to essence. Most of the time, my skin breaks out whenever I introduce a new essence in my skin care routine. Also, I find some of them quite heavy for my oily to combination skin. When I was introduced to this new Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence, it caught my attention. Who wouldn’t? Imagine, every bottle of Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence holds about 3,000 micro-droplets, each one filled with 50% fresh camellia cell active ingredients, which are cold-extracted stem cells from camellia petals. The micro-droplets protect the active ingredient in its purest form upon application. It is then immediately released to encourage skin renewal. Interesting, right? So after trying this out for more than a month, here is my full review of Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence.
Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence Product Information
At the forefront of microfluidic technology, a revolutionary science that makes it possible to create droplets of ultra-pure ingredients, CHANEL creates HYDRA BEAUTY Micro Liquid Essence. The 1st hydrating and energizing liquid essence with camellia micro-droplets. The formula offers the strength of an essence and the texture of fresh water. Free from alcohol and surfactants, it is suitable for even the most demanding skin. Almost magical, but assuredly scientific, protected by five patents.
Like a vivifying wave, the formula instantly revives and energizes skin. Only upon application, the micro-droplets burst open, releasing the energizing power of camellia fresh cells. Brimming with benefits, skin feels full of energy.
Pros: Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence
- It comes in a transparent plastic squeeze bottle.
- It can instantly hydrate and soothe the skin.
- For an essence, it is absorbed by the skin pretty quick.
- It has cooling effect and skin looks and feels revitalized in an instant!
- It does not feel sticky or heavy.
- It is for all skin types – even those with oily skin. It does not make the skin extra greasy.
- It is free from alcohol and surfactants.
- It did not cause my skin irritations or allergic reactions.
Cons: Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence
- Fragrance is quite strong. It doesn’t really bother me since it smells good but it might be a problem to those who are sensitive to scented skin care.
Tips on Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence
- After cleansing and toning the skin, apply Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence.
- The instructions say dispense five drops in the palm of your hand. I just use about two to three drops.
- Press palm onto cheeks, forehead and chin. Smooth from the center of face outward.
- To prolong the sensorial experience, you can also gently tap face with your fingertips for an instant glow
- Layer with your favorite serum then moisturizer.
Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence Verdict
First of all, let me clarify that toner and essence are two different products. Toner is used after cleansing to remove any impurities left on your skin and to restore the skin’s PH balance. Essence, on the other hand, prepares your skin for the next steps. It helps in absorbing all other products you are going to use.
Now, is essence a need? My skin care products used to be cleanser – toner – serums – moisturizer – eye cream. I recently introduced essence in my skin care routine and I feel it gives my skin a nice extra boost of moisture. Those with dry skin would definitely need that extra hydration. As for those with oily skin, it is a matter of finding a lightweight essence.
I was quite surprise that Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence doesn’t feel heavy. It’s great for all skin types – and yes, even those with oily skin. It also feels quite cool upon application, which is why I like using it despite the scorching heat of the summer season.
I recommend Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence to those looking for an essence that’s lightweight and for an extra boost of hydration to revitalize skin.
Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence is available here in the Philippines at Rustan’s Beauty Source and is priced at PHP 5,850.