I believe I’ve mentioned in one of my posts how abused my hair is. I’ve got colored hair for more than 10 years. I’ve had the wildest hair colors back in college. My favorite would be when I had four to five colors on my hair – firing red, blonde, caramel, etc. Aside from my constant color change, I have it straight at least twice a year. I don’t have curly hair. I just love it silky straight. Add to that, some occasional styling, ironing and blow drying. My projects brought a lot of stresses to my hair too. Imagine, perming my rebonded hair and coloring it in one sitting! Oh, I haven’t even mentioned my love for the beach, which can make my chemically-treated hair even more damaged! That’s the story of my hair and a lot of people are so surprised how my hair can manage all those stresses. Even I, myself, can’t imagine how these locks handle the owner’s vanity and never give up. Thank God, indeed! 😀
One haircare I got in the mail is TIGI Bed Head Styleshots Extreme Straight Shampoo and Conditioner. After a month of trying them out, here’s my review. Please take note that results may vary depending on the hair condition, that’s why I included my hair’s background above. Also, these results are based on my usage of both the shampoo and the conditioner. I didn’t try using each alone as I can’t afford to wash my hair with shampoo only, or vice- versa.
TIGI Bed Head Styleshots Extreme Straight Shampoo
Striaght Straight Straight! Let’s get to the point; you want straight, smooth and frizz-defying hair that starts in the shower. Help protect against UV rays & thermal damage while smoothing your locks into flawless style with this sulfate-free shampoo infused with a shot of straightening booster.
TIGI Bed Head Styleshots Extreme Straight Conditioner
Straightened not stirred, goes down smooth. Yeah, we know what you want… shiny, touchable hair with not hassles sever straight up. Help protect against UV rays & thermal damage while smoothing your locks into place with this conditioner infused with a shot of straightening booster.
I love them because…
- they have sleek packaging. Both the shampoo and the conditioner come in normal tube bottles, but they definitely look expensivo even from a far.
- both shampoo and conditioner have nice fruity scent, which they call Shimmering Starfruit. This yummy scent lasts even when my hair dries and until my next wash.
- they don’t cause me any breakouts – face or back.
- they don’t cause me dandruff.
- my hair stays soft, smooth, shiny and silky straight throughout the day. I immediately saw the difference on my first usage.
- they don’t dry my hair and scalp.
- they don’t cause much hairfall.
- they are concentrated. Although the shampoo has thinner consistency compared to other brands, it doesn’t affect its richness. A little goes a long way.
- they help protect my locks against UV rays and thermal damage.
- some of my frizzy ends are more tamed. I’m not saying they can completely get rid of frizz. They just help in straightening them a bit whenever I use them.
- they are sulfate-free.
- they are less expensive. Shampoo is PHP 1,850 and conditioner is PHP 1,930.
- they don’t tangle my hair when wet. Once I untangle them with a wide-tooth comb though, my hair becomes silky straight and tangle-free the whole day. It’s feels smooth and healthy as soon as my hair dries.
- it’s readily available everywhere. You can’t find them in grocery stores or supermarkets. You can only buy them in selcted professional salons.
- Consult your hairstylist first on which TIGI Bed Head product suits your hair condition.
- For best results, use TGI Bed Head Styleshots Extreme Straight Shampoo and Conditioner sparingly. I tried using them for five days straight. My hair felt so heavy on the third day. There was just too much volume and it felt sticky. I thought I wasn’t able to rinse my hair well, so I tried using it again for the next two days. Unfortunately, I ended up with the same result. On the brighter side, your tubes can last for two to three months since you won’t need to use them everyday. 😀 Use them once or twice a week only and alternate them with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Pour a small amount of shampoo on your palm and dilute it with water. Even if the shampoo has thinner consistency compared to other brands, it’s still very concentrated.
- Do not apply conditioner on the roots if you want your hair to have volume. Apply conditioner mid-shaft, and then concentrate more on the tips.
- Make sure to close cap after use. I accidentally left the shampoo’s cap open. Since I left the tube standing and the shampoo has thinner consistency, a lot of the product spilled (almost one fourth of the container gone). I just saw it the next day when I smelled a strong fruity scent inside the shower. Oh gawd, if only I could put back the shampoo in the tube…!!! Well, the only consolation I got was my shower smelled so fruity for a couple of days. LOL!
I’d recommend TIGI Bed Head Styleshots Extreme Straight Shampoo and Conditioner to those who love high-end salon products. It’s a great maintenance to keep your locks soft, smooth and silky straight. As for my tangle problem when my hair is wet, it’s still manageable. I love how my hair feels when it dries, anyway. 😀
I cannot vouch for hair breakage prevention as I don’t experience such problem. I also cannot vouch for its straightening properties as my hair is rebonded. I noticed that some of my frizzy ends are more tamed though whenever I use TIGI Bed Head Styleshots Extreme Straight Shampoo and Conditioner.
For chemically-treated hair like mine though, I do suggest checking out other TIGI Bed Head products. I believe they have another variant of shampoo and conditioner that specifically target sensitized or distressed hair.