You’re a powder foundation user, yet you need coverage. Can you achieve real coverage but still feels comfortable? Here is my Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder review.
Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder Product Information
Second skin comfort meets color-true wear, wet or dry. This silky-smooth innovation offers a natural veil that imparts a color true finish. It glides on effortlessly, camouflages, hydrates and visibly reduces lines.
I love Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder because…
- it comes with a large mirror and sponge applicator.
- it has buildable coverage- from light to heavy.
- it can achieve the coverage of liquid foundation. It can amazingly conceal light to medium under eye circles and blemishes. In fact, I can skip concealer application.
- it doesn’t cake even when I apply without blotting my oilies.
- it can be applied wet or dry.
- powder is finely milled. It’s silky and smooth to apply.
- skin looks really smooth and even. It blurs out pores and doesn’t accentuate fine lines and dry patches. It can also even out my redness.
- it’s long lasting.
- it can control oil, yet skin doesn’t look dry.
- it’s fragrance-free.
- it’s great for all skin types.
- it blends well on skin.
- it feels like second skin. It doesn’t feel heavy at all.
- it has a lot of shades to match every skin tone.
I wish Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder…
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 2,250 (approximately USD 52), but for an amazing powder I still find it really worth it.
- can give that glowing skin. Since it has a semi-matte finish, you’ll need a highlighting powder if you prefer dewy look.
- doesn’t have the tendency to look too heavy. See tips below on how to avoid this.
Tips on Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder
- Since Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder comes in various shades, it’s best to personally visit their counter to swatch the right shade for you.
- For those with dry skin, moisturize skin well.
- Use a primer underneath for a more flawless application.
- I prefer using a powder or kabuki brush to apply this powder foundation. Buff the brush onto skin for a more natural finish.
- Use the sponge applicator only for heavy coverage.
- Pat sponge on the under eye area or on blemishes to conceal.
- If you want a brighter under eye area, use a lighter shade of concealer before the powder foundation.
Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder Verdict
For a powder foundation, it’s really amazing how Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder can even out skin tone and cover imperfections on its own. Usually, powder foundations with heavy coverage can look like a mask or can be cakey if you keep on retouching or if you apply it without blotting your oilies. Surprisingly, these do not happen with Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder. I have dry patches around my nose, but the powder doesn’t settle on my dry skin. I still oil up by midday, of course, but I just retouch using this powder. It can look a bit heavy though if you use the sponge applicator, that’s why I prefer using a brush to apply it. I just use the sponge applicator for spot concealing by patting the sponge on those areas that need more coverage.
I recommend Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder to those who are looking for a powder foundation with really great coverage.
with Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation only- no concealer
Take note, I just patted the sponge on areas that need concealing.