I’m sure most of you refrain from applying moisturizer during summer- especially during day time. For months, I’ve been trying out this Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30, even with the intense heat we’ve been experiencing here in the Philippines for the past couple of weeks. Can it control oil? Is it really oil free? Is it good for acne-prone skin? All these will be answered on my review below. Read on.
Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 Product Information
Benefits: Powerful antioxidant Green Tea supplies anti-aging protection in our newest lightweight, easily absorbed, daily moisturizer. Non-pore clogging, paraben-free formula provides UVA and UVB protection and the necessary defense against sun damage and acne scarring. Moisture locking Aloe Vera hydrates and softens skin while St. John’s Wort offers soothing and reparative benefits for delicate skin. Recommended for every day use on combination, sensitive, oily or acne-prone skin. A necessary supplement to protect skin against side effects of acne prescriptions.
I love Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 because…
- it comes in a travel-friendly bottle with perfect dispenser head. No need to dip your fingers in a jar!
- it’s lightweight. I don’t mind using it during summer.
- it’s easily absorbed by my skin.
- it has SPF 30.
- it doesn’t leave a white cast.
- it didn’t cause me irritations, allergic reactions or breakouts.
- it’s great for my oily skin. It’s also recommendable for combination, sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- it has Green Tea, which is a known for its anti-aging properties.
- it’s paraben-free.
- it doesn’t clog pores.
- it contains Aloe Vera to hydrate and soften skin and St. John’s Wort to soothe sensitive skin.
- it has very light green tea scent. This can be a con to those who prefer unscented products.
I wish Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30…
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 1,750 for 59ml.
- it doesn’t have the tendency to look shiny on skin. To avoid this, make sure to apply a small amount only or dust some powder on oily areas.
Tips on Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30
- Use every morning on clean skin after toner. I personally use a more intensive moisturizer at night.
- If you’re applying makeup, use it under your makeup.
- If you have really oily skin, use oil control powder on top or at least pat oil blotting paper every now and then.
- If you’re peeling due to acne prescriptions, this moisturizer could be a great supplement. It can help soothe redness, hydrate scaling areas, and protect your fresh skin from the sun.
- A little goes a long way! Applying too much can make you look shiny and might cause your skin to oil up more.
Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 Verdict
It can look quite thick once you dispense the product from the bottle, but I was surprised how lightweight it is when applied on skin. I usually skip moisturizer during summer because it feels heavy and sticky. But considering the intense heat we’ve been experiencing here in the Philippines for the past few weeks, I don’t mind using Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 everyday. First, it has UVA and UVB protection which is very important. Also, once the moisture sinks into my skin, I do not feel I have any product on. I still prefer applying powder on top to control my oiliness though. Note that this moisturizer does not control oil, but it won’t make you extra oily. I still need a product on top to keep oil at bay.
For those who use acne prescriptions such as tretinoin or retinoid, Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 is a good addition to your skincare. Usual side effects of such medications are redness and peeling. Using products with high SPF is recommended especially when your skin is in the process of peeling/ healing. This can also help moisturize your skin when you’re starting to scale. And it contains ingredients that help calm your sensitive skin.
Mario Badescu is available in Rustan’s Department Stores here in the Philippines.