Cream blushes look more natural compared to powders, but creams do not last too long especially on oily skin. Here’s a new technology from Clinique- a blush with innovative formula that begins as a smooth liquid and transformed to powder. Sounds interesting? Let’s see if this technology is really impressive as it sounds. Here’s my full review of Clinique Cheek Pop.
Clinique Cheek Pop Product Review
Looking for pure, natural cheek colour that’s virtually untraceable? Clinique’s NEW Cheek Pop imparts only the purest colour to provide a natural blush look with absolutely no trace of powder or buildup on cheeks. Cheek Pop’s lavishly silky formula achieves effortless colour so vibrant and long-lasting that cheeks pop all day without a single streak.
I love Clinique Cheek Pop because…
- it comes in a clear compact making it easier to see the shade right away. This is especially helpful for makeup artists.
- the powder has a very pretty embossed gerber daisy design.
- it’s very pigmented. A little goes a long way.
- it’s buildable. It can appear vibrant on the pan but it’s actually sheer when applied. The intensity can easily be built by layering.
- it has smooth texture that blends like a dream.
- it’s long lasting. It lasts for about 6 or more hours before it starts to fade.
- it doesn’t look powdery at all. It looks very natural.
- it comes in four shades: Ginger Pop, Peach Pop, Berry Pop and Plum Pop to compliment all skin tones. I have the Ginger Pop, which has a red coral shade with satin finish, making my cheeks glow.
I wish Clinique Cheek Pop…
- is cheaper. It’s priced at PHP 1,550 (about USD 34).
- has a mirror on its compact for touch ups.
Tips on Clinique Cheek Pop
- Apply powder blush on top of powder foundation.
- Apply on the apples of the cheeks and blend outwards. If you wish to make your face appear smaller, blend the color up towards the temple.
- It’s always better to start with small amount of product and just layer until you achieve the intensity you like.
- Pat blush brush on powder and tap off excess before application.
Clinique Cheek Pop Verdict
Clinique Cheek Pop may look quite expensive at first glance, but I must say it’s worth every cent! The formula is just superb! It feels like powder, but it looks very natural. It doesn’t accentuate pores or settle on dry areas. The satin finish gives that healthy glow. Best of all, it’s long lasting even on oily skin.
Face: Estee Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow
Cheeks: Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop
Lips: Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me in The Morning After
Eyeliner: Happy Skin Eye Am Here To Stay Eyeliner in Mint Green
Eyebrows: Benefit Brow Zings and MAC Brow Set in Girl Boy