A few months ago, I got this Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate from Sample Room. I was really excited to try it out because – 1. It’s from Shiseido, 2. It’s a “booster” or “pre-serum” skincare product, and 3. I’ve read great things about it. It took me a while to try it out though because I’ve got so many skincare products in line for review. Anyway, after months of using it, finally here’s my Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate Review. How does it work and did it actually work on my skin? Read on.
Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate Product Information
Like your body, your skin has an immune system that functions less efficiently with time, environmental exposure and stress. Ultimune helps boost skin’s multi-defensive powers while helping to strengthen its resistance to day-to-day damage and signs of aging. Over time, skin looks smoother and more resilient, making wrinkles less noticeable as your complexion begins to glow.
- Shiseido’s exclusive Ultimune Complex is formulated with a unique blend of Bulgarian Rose Water, Aqua In Pool and Yeast to protect, strengthen, and maintain healthy looking skin.
- Formulated with a unique botanical power blend with Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract, Shiso and Thyme.
- For women of all skin types and all ages.
- In 4 weeks: firmness and resilience are improved, making wrinkles less visible.
I love Shiseido Ultimune Concentrate because…
- it has satin texture, leaving skin feeling silky.
- it’s easily absorbed by the skin.
- it didn’t cause me breakouts, irritations or allergic reactions.
- it doesn’t feel sticky.
- it’s lightweight.
- it hydrates my skin without leaving it oily. I have very oily skin and a lot of serums in the market make my skin oilier. Shiseido Ultimune doesn’t contribute to my active oil glands.
I wish Shiseido Ultimune Concentrate…
- is fragrance-free. Although it has a nice floral scent, not all are comfortable using scented skincare products.
- is cheaper. 30ml is priced at PHP 3,500, while 50ml bottle is priced at PHP 4,998.
Tips on using Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate
- Apply Shiseido Ultimune AFTER your cleanser and toner and BEFORE other targeted serums or moisturizers.
- Shiseido advises to use two pumps for the entire face. For my use, 1 pump is more than enough for my face and 1.5 pump for my face and neck.
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate works as a “booster”. It’s best to layer it with other targeted serums or skincare as Shiseido Ultimune helps heighten the benefits of those products.
Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate Verdict
I love how Shiseido Ultimune Concentrate works for oily skin. Its light gel-like fluid absorbs quickly and leaves my skin well-hydrated. It doesn’t feel greasy and it doesn’t make my skin extra oily, unlike other serums. I cannot vouch on its effectivity though since I didn’t see any noticeable difference on my skin when used alone. It’s more of a “pre-serum” as it helps boost the benefits of other skincare products you use.
I would recommend Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate to those who want to get more out of their serums or moisturizers.