I’ve always loved cheek tints or balms because of the natural “I-just-saw-my-crush” glow they give. What I hate is that most of them are prone to patchy or streaky application. Blending isn’t that easy. Here’s my Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm Review. Is it just going to be “one of those cheek balms”? Read on.
Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm Product Information
Creamy, mistake-proof cheek colour creates a healthy-looking glow in an instant. Oil-free.
I love Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm because…
- it’s easy to slip inside the purse. Since it’s in a twist-up stick, it’s also perfect for travel. No need to worry about breakage, unlike powders or compacts.
- it has creamy formula with soft powder finish. It’s not greasy or messy.
- it’s smooth to apply, without dragging the skin.
- it blends easily and perfectly. Unlike other tints or balms, Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm doesn’t leave streaks. Even if I reapply on top of powder, blending is such a breeze.
- it’s fool-proof. It’s both for makeup newbies and pros. Even newbies won’t have a hard time applying this balm. Aside from its blendability, you’ll never over do it no matter how much you apply.
- it leaves a natural healthy glow on the cheeks. It doesn’t look oily or shiny. There are no shimmers nor sparkles too.
- it doesn’t make my cheeks extra oily. Note that I have oily skin.
- I can layer to build color. It’s pigmented but it can be sheered out to a natural finish.
- it’s fragrance free.
I wish Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm…
- comes in more shades. Currently they only have 4 shades.
Tips on Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm
- Dot onto the apples of cheeks. If you’re sharing the stick with others, don’t apply directly. Use clean fingers or a synthetic blush brush to grab some product. Blend along the cheekbones, toward the hairline.
- Leave in cold or room temperature to keep the stick intact.
- Remember, it’s always better to start with a little amount of product, then slowly build up the color.
- If you think you applied too much color on your cheeks, just keep on blending or simply dust powder foundation on top to blur or lighten the color.
Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm Verdict
When they say it’s mistake-proof, they mean it. I rarely find a cheek tint (or shall we say cheek balm) that’s very easy to blend. It does not get streaky. You do not need to rush to blend it out. Best of all, you won’t have a hard time blending it even if you apply on top of your powder. It’s great for all skin types. It doesn’t settle on dry skin and it doesn’t make the skin oily. I find it really worth it for PHP 1,400 (about USD 31). I get natural glowing skin that’s quite long lasting.
Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm in Robust Rhubarb (top swatch: one layer; bottom swatch: two layers)
when blended; it can easily be sheered out no matter how much you apply
on my cheeks