I got really excited when I learned about the newest addition to the POREfessional family, as seen in my Worth The Wait Benefit Products post. For someone who has really oily skin, Benefit Porefessional License to Blot is like music to my ears. What it is? Did it work for me? How to use? Read my Benefit Porefessional License to Blot Review below.
Benefit Porefessional License to Blot Product Information
BLOT on the spot! This instant oil-blotting stick with tiny invisible blotting spheres mattifies shine for up to 6 hours after application.* The specially designed triangular tip targets shiny zones…the sides of your nose, forehead and chin. Oil has finally met its matte!
I love Benefit Porefessional License to Blot because…
- of its packaging – easy to slip in a small purse or even inside my pocket.
- of the triangular-shaped stick. This makes it easy to mattify hard-to-reach areas like the sides of the nose.
- it can blur out pores. Note that Benefit Porefessional License to Blot contains Silica.
- it can mattify in an instant!
- it’s convenient to use. I can use it anytime, anywhere – even without a mirror.
I wish Benefit Porefessional License to Blot…
- can keep me shine-free for at least 6 hours. Since I have oily skin, my skin stays matte for only 3-4 hours. See tips below on how to stay shine-free longer.
- is sanitary to use. Since it’s designed to use directly on the skin, dirt, oil and makeup can transfer to the stick.
Tips on Benefit Porefessional License to Blot
- Use on top of makeup to mattify surface.
- Apply using a blotting or patting motion. Avoid swiping the stick as this will just remove your makeup underneath.
- If you have extremely oily skin, you might need to remove excess oil first with a blotting paper before using Benefit License to Blot. To mattify even more, dust powder on top.
- Benefit Blotting Stick can also be used before makeup, but I still prefer using Benefit Porefessional as my primer.
- Wipe stick every after use for sanitation purposes.
- When needed, blend by patting clean fingers on the surface.
Benefit Porefessional License to Blot Verdict
Honestly, I didn’t really like Benefit License to Blot on my first few tries. It ruined my makeup underneath whenever I touched up. Apparently, I was using it the wrong way. It should be applied with a patting motion, instead of swiping the product on the surface of the skin. Also, because it contains wax and shea butter, etc., it doesn’t seem to mattify at first glance. But you’ll be surprised that you’re actually shine-free.
As said earlier, I have very oily skin. I need to use an blotting paper to remove oil before using Benefit Porefessional License to Blot. If you have combination skin, you can skip the oil blotting paper part.
An oil blotting paper is still a good and cheaper option to stay shine-free. If you want the blurring effect and the convenience of touching up though, then Benefit Porefessional License to Blot is for you.
Benefit Porefessional License to Blot is priced at PHP 1,100 and it’s available in all Benefit counters in the Philippines.