Why is Crème De La Mer the most coveted moisturizer? I used to be very curious on what it can actually do and what makes it so luxurious. Finally, I got to try it for several months and as promised in My La Mer Story post, I’ll be sharing my Crème De La Mer experience, specifically the Soft Cream variant. From someone who loves to go to the beach and do outdoor activities, did it transform my skin? Read on my La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream Review below.
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream Product Information
This luxurious cream delivers the same radiance and renewal that made the original Crème de la Mer a legend in a supple new texture. Infused with the nutrient-rich Miracle Broth™, the heart of La Mer’s profound powers of transformation, it penetrates deeply to replenish moisture and strengthen skin. Renewed and energized, skin looks youthfully radiant.
I love La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream because…
- my skin feels supple, smooth and hydrated.
- it brings back that glow in my skin instantly.
- it has luminous finish without looking greasy.
- it contains various anti-aging ingredients, known to be the La Mer Miracle Broth. (Read more about the “miracle broth” HERE)
- it leaves me with zero dry and red patches, usually around the nose.
- it definitely feels lighter than the original Crème De La Mer.
- it spreads easily without having to pull the skin.
- it didn’t clog my pores or cause my skin to breakout.
- it has a nice floral, powdery scent. This can be a downside though if you are not comfortable with scented skincare.
I wish La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream…
- is less expensive. But of course, we all know that Crème de La Mer is an investment
- can be used as a day moisturizer for very oily skin. (Although La Mer has another variant to cater to those with very oily skin. Read more about this on my Verdict below)
- comes in a different packaging. Jars are more prone to bacteria when you dip your fingers into the product. Plus, exposing ingredients to air and light whenever you open the lid can possibly make the formula less effective.
Tips on La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
- Use the spatula instead of your fingers to get product.
- Clean spatula every after use and store in a clean place.
- Apply the soft cream moisturizer all over the face after cleansing and toning.
- When applying La Mer moisturizer, pat a small amount between fingertips and press gently into skin.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your neck as well.
- When you feel that the moisturizer is still sitting on top of your skin, rub your palms together then pat on your face. The heat can help the skin absorb the moisturizer.
- When skin gets irritated, stop using right away. Better yet, ask your doctor first before using La Mer moisturizer if you have a lot of allergies.
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream Verdict
When I first tried the original Crème De La Mer a few years ago in counter, I already knew it wasn’t for my oily skin. The thick and heavy consistency is for dry skin and for those living in colder areas. For someone who has oily skin, living in a country with very humid weather, I would definitely look like a grease ball in a matter of minutes. This is why I was ecstatic when I learned that La Mer released various consistencies of the most coveted Crème De La Mer. One of which is The Moisturizing Soft Cream.
Although The Moisturizing Soft Cream is lighter than the original Crème De La Mer, I can only use it as a night cream. It can still be a little too moisturizing for my oily skin when I use it during the day. I have yet to try The Moisturizing Gel Cream, which is said to be even lighter than the Soft Cream. La Mer also has Oil Absorbing Lotion, a day moisturizer for those with very oily skin. You can check out my previous post for the variants of La Mer moisturizers in THIS LINK.
Over-all, La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream has really transformed my skin despite my love affair with the sun, which we all know can be very harmful to the skin. The hype is real after all (at least for me). I’ve been using it every night for several months now and I can say that the texture of my skin became softer, smoother, supple, and hydrated. And even if I don’t get to complete my 7-8 hours of sleep, I see that instant radiant glow when I wake up in the morning. I didn’t see improvements in the appearance of my pores though. As for the lines and wrinkles, only time will tell if it can really diminish them but judging from how it moisturizes my skin, I’m quite confident. I really trust the Miracle Broth in La Mer products. I’ve seen it worked on my jelly fish scar. Take note, everyone who saw its gravity (even the dermatologist) said it’s going to be a scar forever. In less than a year, I can barely see the mark. Thanks to La Mer The Concentrate! You can see My La Mer Story and before and after photos of the jelly fish scar here: https://lushangel.com/2015/09/20/my-la-mer-story-creme-de-la-mer-50th-anniversary/.
I would definitely recommend La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream to those who are willing to invest in skincare and to those who have combination to oily skin. I’m quite sure you’ll have a good La Mer story to tell after.
notice how hydrated and luminous the right side is compared to the small portion on the left
For more details about La Mer, you can check out www.lamer.com. La Mer counters in the Philippines are inside Rustan’s Makati, Rustan’s Shangri-La and Rustan’s Cebu.