I think I never fail to mention how important sunscreen is. It prevents skin damage from the harmful rays of the sun. In fact, it’s the best anti-ageing product that you can use on your skin. It’s not something you only apply when going outdoors. It should be part of your daily skin care regimen. A lot of people skip using it everyday though because sunblocks are commonly known to be sticky and heavy. Finally, I was able to try the much raved about Biore sunscreen. This might change your mind about daily sunblock application. Why? Read on my Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence review below.
Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence Product Information
Forget about the heavy, sticky feel of regular sunscreens! The watery rich UV Cream feels ultra light and comfortable, like water on your skin, absorbing instantly for an invisible, weightless finish.
Combining Biore’s breakthrough moisture-rich formula and skin-caring whitening ingredients, it provides SPF50+/PA++++ protection while promoting fairer, more translucent skin.
- Superior Double UV Block for Maximum Protection
- SPF50+ Effectively blocks UVB rays that cause formation of dark spots, freckles and sunburn.
- PA++++ Maximum level of protection against UVA to prevent sunburn & premature aging.
- Hydrates & Softnes – With Hyaluronic acid & Citrus extract (orange, grapefruit and lemon) to keep skin hydrated and healthy.
- Whitens & Brightens- Naturally derived whitening ingredient, Chamomile ET helps fight dark spots and freckles for a fairer and more even skin tone
- Gentle & Allergy Tested
I love Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence because…
- of its slim tube packaging with pointed nozzle. I can easily control the amount of product to be dispensed.
- it’s lightweight and non-sticky.
- it’s easily absorbed by the skin.
- it’s very easy to blend.
- it dries to a semi-matte finish. It’s not too dewy or too matte, so it’s perfect for all skin types.
- there’s no sunscreen scent.
- it has subtle fruity scent. If you’re not comfortable using skincare products with fragrance, don’t worry since it goes away once absorbed by the skin.
- it didn’t cause my skin to breakout.
- it’s affordable!
- it doesn’t make my skin more oily.
I wish Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence…
- has whitening benefits. My dark spots/ acne scars didn’t lighten. I didn’t expect them to lighten though since the product information says “helps fight dark spots”, so this can mean prevent dark spots. Although one of the main purposes of all face sunscreen is to fight dark spots so I’m not so sure of its difference and its whitening claims.
- is 100% transparent. It gives a little white cast, but it’s hardly noticeable.
- is water-proof or resistant. Although the packaging says “reapply at frequent intervals, especially after perspiring, swimming or towel drying”, I’m not sure if it’s as effective when doing sports or outdoor activities.
Tips on Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence
- Apply evenly on face after moisturizer and before makeup.
- Allow the sunscreen to be absorbed into the skin before layering any product.
- Avoid eye area.
Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence Verdict
This is probably one of the lightest sunscreen I’ve tried with high SPF. For comparison, it’s lighter than Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense and less runny texture than Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Defense. With our humid weather, it’s also important to use non-sticky sunblock and Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence definitely passed my test with flying colors! For someone who has very oily skin, I’m happy to report that this didn’t make my skin greasier. But it’s also great even for dry skin since it leaves nice moisture. I usually get cystic acne because of moisturizers and sunblocks, but Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence didn’t cause my skin to breakout. Although it’s not completely transparent, the white cast is not really noticeable, especially when it’s completely absorbed by the skin. I just can’t vouch on its whitening benefits since I didn’t see any difference in my skin tone. Despite the few downsides, I highly recommend Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Essence. For a drugstore brand and for its price (about PHP 350 – PHP 450), it definitely exceeded my expectations.
looks a little pearlized
When blended… Notice the difference of the right and left sides. The right side looks more nourished.
Biorè is distributed in the Philippines by Vibelle Distribution, Inc and are available in selected department stores, supermarkets, and retailers in Metro Manila, Cebu, and Cagayan de Oro. For list of outlets and other inquiries, visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BiorePH or follow them at https://twitter.com/BiorePHL and https://instagram.com/bioreph/