I love my skincare. I love my regular facial. But there’s one more treatment I can’t live without – and that’s my monthly (sometimes twice a month) Diamond Peel or microdermabrasion. Let’s just say it’s my sweet addiction because of the amazing results it can do to my skin, which I’ll be sharing later on. So, just imagine my reaction when I learned that I can now have my personal diamond peel using Aesthetique Solutions Microdermabrasion Device… I semi-squealed! LOL!
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive exfoliating treatment to lift and remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells through an exfoliating crystal tip and gentle suction.
Basically, it is a skin rejuvenation treatment that leaves skin softer and brighter. Also, since layers of dirt and dead skin are removed, skincare products, such as serums and moisturizers, are better absorbed into the skin.
Most of you are probably familiar with the microdermabrasion treatments offered in skin clinics. Aesthetique Solutions recently launched a professional grade technology right in the palm of your hands with its patented Revitalize Mircodermabrasion Device. Yes, it’s a personal Diamond Peel device, which you can use at home – by yourself!
How to use Aesthetique Microdermabrasion Device
The box contains the following: Revitalize Microdermabrasion Device, Charging Base, USB Cable, USB Adaptor, 2 Exfoliation Tips – standard and fine, Filters, Brush, and Pouch.
Initial charge will take 3 hours. Succeeding charge should take about 2 hours.
Fine exfoliation tip is used for eye area, nose area, and area around the mouth. Standard exfoliation tip is used for forehead, cheeks, chin, neck, and chest.
Insert filter into the end of the exfoliation tip. (Filter should be disposed every after use)
Insert the exfoliation tip into the device.
Turn the device ON by pressing the POWER button. Press the MODE button and choose between manual or auto mode. To adjust the exfoliation level, just press UP or DOWN button. Press the START/PAUSE button as needed.
Hold the device perpendicular to your skin and glide the tip of the tool in one direction, across the area you are exfoliating in a continuous motion. Slightly overlap the strokes, as if you’re painting. You can go over the same stroke more than once, however if you have sensitive skin, one pass is enough.
When done, turn the device OFF and discard the used filter.
Now, check out how much dead skin I removed from my knees and elbows! It’s the white circle on the filter. Eeeek!
Use the mini brush provided to clean the exfoliation tip and wash it with mild soapy water. Dry the exfoliation tip completely before storing or using again.
Aesthetique Microdermabrasion Device Product Information
- Get smoother skin
- Reduce and/or eliminate breakouts on your neck, chest, or other areas of the body
- Help reduce the appearance of dark spots or age spots
- Minimize the appearance of pores
- Help eliminate dry skin and flakiness
- Allow your moisturizer to work better, as it penetrates more deeply into exfoliated skin
- Help prevent ingrown hairs and make hair removal easier
- Smooth razor bumps and bumpy “chicken skin”
- Help increase circulation to the skin, nourishing it from inside out
I love it because…
- it’s portable and lightweight. Need I say more?!
- the shape and curves of the device make it easy to hold.
- it’s rechargeable. A full cycle allows me to use it more than thrice a week – this depends how long you use the device per session.
- skin feels really soft and smooth right after one session. It doesn’t remove chicken skin or bumps right away though! I have yet to find out if it can completely remove them after continuous use.
- it’s more sanitary and hygienic. You use your own tip, unlike in clinics wherein you share the same tip with other clients. If you want to share the device with family members, they can just buy their own tips too which can be bought online at PHP 1,500 each.
- it effectively removes dead skin cells – yet it doesn’t have downtime. No visible flaking of the skin.
- it can be used on any part of the body – face, neck, elbows, knees, underarm, bikini line, arms, legs, etc. The tip is available in 3 different sizes – Standard tip (face and neck), Fine tip (Face), and Body tip.
- I can control the exfoliation – select from Level 1 to 3, set the duration, and pause anytime.
- my diamond peel sessions will come out really cheap! The device can look expensive at PHP 10,000, but this can last for several years, versus PHP 2,000- PHP 2,500 PER session in skin clinics!
- it’s available in stores. Currently, products of Aesthetique Solutions are only available online.
Tips on Aesthetique Microdermabrasion Device
- You can use Aesthetique Microdermabrasion Device once or twice a week, depending how your skin feels. Remember not to over-exfoliate! You don’t want your skin to be too thin. If unsure, it’s best to ask your dermatologist about it.
- Use on clean, dry face.
- Reddening of the skin is normal right after using the device but this should subside in just a few minutes.
- Replace tip when you feel it has lost its “roughness”. It can be bought separately at PHP 1,500.
- The filter must be discarded after each session. Also, clean the tip with soapy water after use and let it dry. Filters are available at PHP 150 per pack.
- You can apply your skin care, that is your moisturizer and serum, after the session.
Aesthetique Microdermabrasion Device Verdict
If you’re a diamond peel addict like me, the Aesthetique Microdermabrasion Device is definitely for you! It practically works the same as the professional-grade machines used by dermatologists. It makes the skin soft and smooth and effectively removes dead skin! If you haven’t tried microdermabrasion, I strongly suggest you try at least 1-2 sessions first in skin clinics to give you a gauge if you’ll like this device.
skin before using the device
right after using the device – skin is reddish
in less than a minute, redness slowly fading