Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation – To say it’s matte, at the same time, hydrating can sound contradicting. How can a foundation be both? Well, let’s see! Here’s my in-depth Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation Review.
Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation Product Information
Hydrating matte finish, velvety smooth feel. Seamless coverage, it’s the perfect foundation for facing the world boldly. #DreamVelvet
I love Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation because…
- the plastic squeeze tube packaging is travel-friendly.
- it has a unique gel-shipped formula (mousse-like) that glides and blends smoothly on the skin.
- it has smooth, velvety finish. Skin feels soft!
- it looks like second skin – flawless and fresh.
- it’s semi-matte – matte, at the same time, hydrating. Although it is matte, skin doesn’t look flat or dull.
- it comes in various shades – covers most skin tones.
- it feels lightweight.
- buildable coverage – medium to full.
- it has good staying power.
- can hide blemishes, discolorations, redness, and dark under eye circles – even without concealer! It can also blur pores and fine lines.
- it’s affordable at PHP 499 for a 30ml tube.
I wish Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation…
- comes in a transparent tube to easily see the shade or how much product is left.
- has SPF.
- does not have the tendency to settle on dry patches.
- can control oil. Although it doesn’t make my skin extra oily, I noticed my t-zone starts to get shiny after 2 hours.
- is easy to remove. Oil-based or your trusted hard-working makeup remover is needed.
Tips on Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation
- It can look a little dark once the product is released from the tube but it tends to lighten when blended on skin. On some, it’s the other way around. They say it oxidizes. Therefore, make sure to test it in Maybelline counters. Try to blend it along your jawline to know your exact shade.
- I like using my fingers to apply light coverage. For a little more coverage, I go for sponge or stippling/flat top brush.
- To achieve even coverage, blend right away as it sets quite fast.
- For those with oily skin, set the foundation with loose powder, especially on the t-zone.
- For those with dry skin or dry patches, don’t forget to apply moisturizer before the foundation.
- If you have really dark circles, apply concealer on top.
Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation Verdict
This is probably one of my favorite drugstore foundations I’ve tried to date. I love how weightless it feels. Coverage is excellent that I don’t even have to use concealer anymore. It can also cancel out any redness. Skin looks smooth, flawless, yet very natural.
When they say “Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation”, it really is velvet soft matte AND hydrating! It’s semi-matte, which is perfect for those with combination or oily skin. Those with dry skin can use a generous amount of moisturizer underneath. But for those with very dry skin, I would suggest getting Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Foundation instead.
L – R: Nude, Sandy Beige, Pure Beige, Natural Beige, Honey Beige
left side facing you has Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation; right side facing you is my bare skin (notice the redness on my cheek area)
full face with Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation
Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation is available in all Maybelline counters for PHP 499.