A product that hydrates the skin and sets to a matte finish, while blurring pores and fine lines – How?! I got curious as well when I read about it. It seems impossible. If it works or not, read on my Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer review below.
Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer Product Information
This oil-free moisturizer instantly blurs imperfections while providing all-day hydration. Skin looks naturally perfected with a matte finish. Wear it alone, or under foundation. It’s so lightweight you can use it for touch-ups throughout the day. We call it your new favorite filter…the ideal way to give your skin the moisture it needs, and the forgiving ‘retouch’ that blurs the look of pores and fine dry lines.
I love Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer because…
- it’s a multi-purpose product: a lightweight moisturizer, a primer/ makeup base, and a mattifier that can also be used for touch-ups.
- it’s demi-matte. It’s not super matte. It still gives that subtle radiant glow to the skin.
- it can slightly blur pores and fine lines.
- makeup glides smoothly on skin and foundation looks flawless when used before makeup.
- it’s fragrance-free.
- it doesn’t cause my skin breakouts or irritations – even if Dimethicone is part of the ingredients.
- it works as a mattifier for me. If my skin starts to oil up, I just layer a small amount of Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer.
- it has that fresh cool feel once it touches the skin.
- it has silky velvety texture, leaving skin feeling smooth.
- it hydrates the skin without the greasy feel!
- it’s perfect for normal to oily skin. Those with dry skin will need to use a more moisturizing product during the cooler months before layering Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer on top.
I wish Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer…
- has SPF.
- comes in a different container for hygienic reasons. I still prefer tubes so there’s no need to dip fingers onto the product.
- can control oil for a longer period. It instantly mattifies, but my skin starts to oil up again after a few hours.
- comes in a travel-friendly packaging. Since it works as a mattifier for my skin, I’d love to tote it inside my bag for touch-ups!
Tips on Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer
- Always remember to have clean hands before dipping your fingers in the jar to avoid contamination of the product.
- Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer can be used together with your other skincare products. Apply after your toner and serum and before sunscreen.
- I only use Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer as a day moisturizer since it’s light, perfect for my oily skin and our humid weather. And since it’s very light, I use a moisturizer with SPF underneath, layered with Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer on top to mattify and add hydration to my skin. At night, I prefer using a heavy duty moisturizer.
- For those with dry skin or dry patches, a more heavy-duty moisturizer might be needed especially during cold weather. You can still layer Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer on top.
- To use as touch-up or mattifier, remember that a little goes a long way! I use it even on top of my makeup, but note that applying too much can cause the makeup to slide – so take it easy!!!
Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer Verdict
Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer is for those who are looking for a lightweight non-greasy moisturizer. It’s a plus that it works as a facial primer and a mattifier -which can even be used on top of makeup. Although it does a great job in insantly mattifying the skin, it doesn’t really control oil for a long time. Keep in mind though that the product’s main use is to hydrate the skin so for someone with oily skin, I’m already happy that it’s multi-purpose. As for the claim that it can blur pores and fine lines, it’s more evident with foundation on top as the skin looks smoother and more flawless.
Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer is for normal to oily skin. For those with dry skin or dry patches, I recommend using a more moisturizing cream first before adding a layer of Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer.
I highly recommend Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer to those looking for a light non-greasy day moisturizer that can slightly blur pores and can be used to mattify – even for touch ups.
Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer is priced at PHP 1,550 (about USD 30). It is available in all Clinique boutiques here in the Philippines: Rustan’s Makati, Rustan’s Tower Shangri-La, Rustan’s Alabang Town Center, Rustan’s Essenses Gateway Mall, Rustan’s Ayala Center Cebu, Essenses Rockwell Powerplant, SM Megamall, SM MOA, SM Aura, SM Makati, SM The Block, SM Clark Pampanga, Trinoma, Marquee Mall and Robinson’s Place Manila.