First signs of aging can be seen around the eye area. It can’t be avoided but we can somehow delay it. One way is to keep the eye area hydrated at all times! But but but… who applies eye cream every now and then??? Well, that’s why there’s Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream! I posted the entire line of Pep-Start when they launched it here in the Philippines, which you can see here: http://lushangel.com/2016/10/23/clinique-pep-start/ . Today, let me share my in-depth Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream review! Is this the eye cream for you? Read on.
Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream Product Information
Quick fix for the eyes. Hydrates, brightens, perks you up. Its cool touch and de-puffing tip help keep eyes looking fresh. Peptide blend helps skin be more resilient. Preps for makeup, too.
I love Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream because…
- of its packaging. It’s easy to dispense the right amount of product I need with its plastic squeeze tube.
- it feels cool and refreshing once applied on the eye area.
- it has light formula – perfect even as makeup base.
- it hydrates the under eye area instantly.
- it’s easily absorbed by the skin – no sticky feel.
- it’s fragrance-free.
- it contains anti-ageing ingredients.
I wish Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream…
- has a metal-tip applicator. Since the ball tip is made of plastic, it doesn’t really have that cooling effect to de-puff the under eye area. It doesn’t bother me though since the cream itself feels cool once it touches the skin.
- can really brighten the eye area, as per claim. It instantly moisturizes my eye area, which can lessen the appearance of wrinkles, but I don’t notice any brightening effect.
Tips on Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
- Simply dispense a pea-size amount of cream to the tip.
- Swipe product in circular motion around the eye area, including lids. I prefer using my ring finger to apply by gently patting it around the eye area, instead of the ball tip applicator.
- I like using Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream as my day eye cream or as touch up any time of the day whenever I feel my eye area needs hydration.
- Use a more heavy-duty eye cream at night.
Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream Verdict
I don’t really bring with me an eye cream inside my bag. I normally use it during the day and leave it in the house. This routine changed when I tried Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream. Because of its convenient packaging, it’s perfect for ladies on-the-go and even for touch ups! Now, I find myself applying this even by midday (or anytime of the day). I just apply it whenever I feel the need to add moisture around my eye area or whenever I want to de-stress since it has that refreshing and cool feel. In fact, I brought it with me during my most recent trip, as seen in the photo above. Because of the cold weather and strong winds in Sagada, I had to bring it with me wherever I go (even while hiking)! Oh, and I even apply it even on top of makeup (of course, not on top of my eye shadow)! And as a base, my concealer or foundation around my eye area doesn’t cake as this eye cream can easily be absorbed by the skin.
Although it doesn’t really brighten the eye area, I still highly recommend Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream. I never relied on eye cream to brighten the eye area, anyway. Concealer is still my best friend when it comes to this department, especially for dark circles and wheneven I don’t get enough sleep. But because this little tube instantly hydrates the skin, wrinkles are less obvious.
If you’re looking for a day eye cream and you have normal to oily skin, I recommend Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream!
Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream is available in Clinique counters in the Philippines for PHP 1,500.