For those with oily skin, like me, it has always been a dream to find a foundation that can keep us matte and oil-free all day. It seems impossible especially with our hot and humid weather. BUT L’Oreal released a #NeverFail foundation especially suited for oily skin – the L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation. I tried it out for more than week in this scorching summer weather (perfect timing to test)! Read on my L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation Review below. I also included the L’Oreal Infallible Collection at the end of this post.
L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation Product Information
Up to 24hr matte without the flat. Air-light texture, Demi-matte finish. The pro look of longwear.
I love L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation because…
- it comes in a transparent tube packaging. It’s convenient to bring when traveling since it’s not breakable. Also, the transparent packaging is a plus since it’s easy to know if I’m running out of product.
- it is long lasting! Despite my oily skin and the summer heat (I even spent a few hours outdoors under the heat of the sun), L’Oreal Infallible lasted the entire day (which is about a little over 12 hours). I only had to blot oil once, which was 6 hours after application.
- it can definitely control oil.
- it doesn’t cake.
- it’s lightweight.
- it’s demi-matte. It does not give that “glow from within” effect, but it is not flat or mask-like – unlike other matte foundations.
- it has light to medium coverage. It can cover blemishes.
I wish L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation…
- does not have the tendency to emphasize large pores, fine lines, and bumps (rough skin or pimples). See tips below to avoid this.
- does not settle on dry patches.
- has better shade options. I got 3 shades 103, 105, and 107. 103 (Natural Buff) has pink undertone, which appears dark on my fair skin. 105 (Natural Beige) has yellow undertone, which appears lighter than 103 but still dark on my skin. Those with fair skin might have a hard time to find a shade match, but I think there are lighter shades available in other countries.
105 Natural Beige
- does not set quickly. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation has nice creamy texture, which is easy to blend, but it’s important to do so fast or you might end up with a patchy application.
Tips on L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation
- Moisturize! No matter how hot and humid it is, don’t forget to moisturize, especially if you have dry patches.
- I find it a must to use a primer for this foundation to achieve a more flawless look. This will also help blur out large pores and fine lines too.
- Don’t forget to shake the tube before squeezing out foundation. The oil tends to separate from the product especially on first use.
- I tried using paddle brush, foundation brush, fingers, and sponge to apply this foundation. I find it to work best with a sponge applicator. Remember not to buff as this would cause patchy application.
- Work quickly since the foundation sets very fast. I find it easier to put a small amount of product directly on the sponge and work on one side of my face first.
- Set with translucent powder.
L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation Verdict
L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation is probably one of the few foundations in the market that has very good oil control. I was impressed. I have oily skin that it only takes 1-2 hours for my skin to be greasy with other foundations. With L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation, it takes about 6 hours upon application before I reach on my blotting paper!
It took me a while to discover the best way to apply L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation. For the first few times, it’s either the foundation appears patchy once it sets or my pores look more obvious. For skin to look more flawless, I find it important to use a hydrating primer and a sponge for the foundation application.
My only problem with L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation is my shade match as the lightest shade available here in the Philippines is still too dark for my skin tone. But since I really love how it can control oil, I just set the foundation with a lighter shade of powder. Also, I don’t really mind wearing a foundation in darker shade as it makes the face looks slimmer.
I recommend L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation to those with oily and smooth skin who are looking for a foundation that has good oil control, long-wearing and lightweight.
left side facing the screen: bare skin; right side facing the screen: with L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation in 105 Natural Beige
full face L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation in 105 Natural Beige
L’Oreal Infallible Collection
Aside from Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation, the Infallible Collection also includes Infallible Pro-Contour, Infallible 6H Lip Liner, and Infallible 10HR Lipsticks.
L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Contour
L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Contour has contour and highlighting powders. It comes in 2 shades: Medium and Deep. I have the Medium palette, which is said to be for fair skin tones, while the morena skin tones can opt for the Deep palette.
L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Contour in Medium
I find the contour powder too light though that I need to do several layers for the shade to pop. The highlighting powder, on the other hand, leaves a nice subtle glow on my skin.
Medium shade – left: highlight; right: contour
It comes with a unique applicator, which is supposedly designed to contour and highlight in just one stroke. I find the bristles a little stiff though; therefore I still reach for my regular brushes for better blending.
L’Oreal Infallible 6HR Lip Liner
L’Oreal Infallible 6HR Lip Liner in Brown
Say goodbye to lipsticks that bleed and smudge. Infallible’s precise retractable lip and built-in sharpener ensures that you get feather-proof and fade-proof lip color. It comes in 8 shades.
L’Oreal Infallible 10HR Lipsticks
L’Oreal Infallible 6HR Lip Liner in Brown and L’Oreal Infallible 10HR Lipstick in Resilient Raisin on top
Stay fade-proof, dry-proof, and food-proof all day – and yes, there’s an Infallible Lip Liner that perfectly coordinates with every shade.
using L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation in shade 105, L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Contour in Medium, L’Oreal Infallible 6H Lip Liner in Brown and L’Oreal Infallible 10HR Lipstick in Resilient Raisin on top
L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation is priced at PHP 700. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Contour is priced at PHP 600. L’Oreal Infallible 6H Lip Liner is priced at PHP 400. L’Oreal Infallible 10HR Lipstick is priced at PHP 500.