I’ve never been a fan of lip gloss. The closest thing I like wearing that is similar to a lip gloss is a liquid lipstick. But of course after trying the Kylie Lip Kit, which I reviewed in THIS POST, I had to try the lip gloss too! Why is it always sold out?! What’s with all the rave?! Here’s my Kylie Lip Gloss Review! I got the shade Like, by the way!
Kylie Lip Gloss Product Information
This ultra-pigmented, lustrous gloss glides on the lips smoothly and evenly leaving behind a luminous and voluminous effect. A blend of vitamin E and highly emollient ingredients provide hydration and moisturize the lips, while natural lip enhancers provide volume. The gloss has an even and saturated application is provided with simplicity, yet comfort, and delivers a long lasting brilliantly glossy end look.
Wear alone, with your favorite lip pencils or layer on top of your favorite Matte.
I love Kylie Lip Gloss because…
- color pay-off is great for a gloss. Pigment is quite rich!
- despite it’s creamy and thick texture, it’s not on the sticky side.
- it’s not drying.
- the high shine looks sexy!
- it has a sweet vanilla scent – which can be a downside to some.
I wish Kylie Lip Gloss…
- is long lasting. Similar to other lip glosses, staying power is not that good. It starts to fade after 2 hours and retouch is a must after drinking or eating.
- has better lip brush applicator. When I bought mine, the lip brush looked like this the first time I opened it! I heard Kylie made sure the next batches had better applicators – not sure with this though.
- comes with a lip liner of the same shade. Using a gloss with lip liner underneath would have been perfect as it adds more solid color, plus staying power would have been better.
- doesn’t feel heavy.
- doesn’t transfer on my teeth. See tips below how to avoid this.
Tips on Kylie Lip Gloss
- Make sure to exfoliate lips before applying Kylie Lip Gloss. Lips won’t look sexy if they’re dry and chapped!
- I prefer using a different lip brush to apply since the brush that comes in the tube is really flimsy.
- Apply a nude lip liner (or the closest shade to your Kylie Lip Gloss) on your entire lips to avoid color transfer and to add a more solid color to your lips.
- This old trick is still useful: Stick your index finger into your mouth with lips pouted. Slowly pull out your finger and you’ll see the excess lip color that could have transfered to your teeth!
- Try layering it with other lip colors to create various shades! You don’t have to stick to one lip product! Use Kylie Lip Gloss as a finishing touch.
- Don’t forget to close the tube every after use. Too much exposure to air will cause the consistency of the gloss to thicken.
Kylie Lip Gloss Verdict
To be honest, it’s better than other glosses because of its rich pigment. BUT I don’t think I’m getting another tube for myself, unfortunately. The heavy feel makes me uncomfortable and I find it a hassle to tote a separate lip brush in my purse for reapplication. Also, I only use it when I know I’ll be indoors the whole day because it’s a “hair magnet”, if you know what I mean! Haha! When it gets windy, I surely get lip gloss streaks all over my face from my hair strands.
In my opinion, getting a tube of Kylie Lip Gloss is more of the “need” to just get it out of your system and to feed your curiosity than the product quality. But of course, for lip gloss users, you might actually like this because of the rich pigment. It’s also for those who love to make their lips look plump and voluminous.
Kylie Lip Gloss in Like (warm mocha brown shade)
shade looks darker in swatch