One of the first few blushes I owned when I started makeup artistry is NARS Orgasm. Although some are not a fan as it can accentuate pores, it is totally different in my case. My skin looks glowing and fresh. I got really excited when I heard NARS released Liquid Blush. Finally, I was able to try it recently. Is it as good as their powder blushes? Here is my NARS Liquid Blush Review.
NARS Liquid Blush Product Information
Liquid blush effortlessly glides on skin for a lasting glow. One pump delivers the perfect amount of natural-looking color. Ideal for mixing textures: layer over powder blush for high-impact color, or apply first for a diffused effect. Go with the glow.
Pros: NARS Liquid Blush
- A little goes a long, long way! It is super pigmented, which can be a con to some. A very tiny pump is enough for both cheeks.
- It blends evenly and easily – even under or on top of powder. It has a runny and smooth texture that allows effortless blending.
- It dries quickly but enough time to blend on both cheeks. It does not leave streaks or uneven color.
- Color is buildable.
- It’s weightless.
- It looks like a natural flush that creates a healthy glow.
- It is very easy to use — even liquid blush first timers will not have a hard time.
- It is for all skin types.
Cons: NARS Liquid Blush
- Although the pump packaging is hygienic and foolproof, dispensing a tiny amount of blush can be quite hard. So far, the tiniest amount I’ve dispensed is still more than what I actually needed for my cheeks.
- Those with oily skin may not find this very long lasting, but it stays longer compared to other cream or liquid blush. (See tips below on how to make it long lasting.)
- Of course, like any other liquid or cream blush, it can be messy as it looks best when applied using your fingertips.
Tips on NARS Liquid Blush
- First, make sure you have clean hands before application.
- Warm a small amount of Liquid Blush in the palm of the hand. Apply with fingertips for a natural, effortless effect.
- To intensify color and add dimension, layer powder blush over Liquid Blush. This will make the blush last longer.
- NARS Liquid Blush can be worn under or over foundation.
- If you think you applied too much liquid blush, just keep on blending using your fingertips. You can also apply powder foundation on top to sheer out the blush.
NARS Liquid Blush Verdict
I must admit the first time I tried it on, I got a bit scared. I didn’t realize how pigmented it is until I applied it on my cheeks. When I say a little goes a long, long way, trust me on that! But when I started blending (with a bit of panic since my cheeks were so red), I immediately loved it! The product is so easy to blend on skin — or even over powder, which is not usually the case for most liquid or cream blush. When it comes to longevity, it stays longer than other brands but of course, not as lasting as powder blush. But I still love using cream or liquid blush because of the natural flush it gives. I have the shade Hot Tin Roof, a shimmering brick red shade, from the Spring 2018 Color Collection. I would love to try Orgasm and Lustre as these are my fave NARS powder blush shades.
NARS liquid blush in Hot Tin Roof: Left not blended; Right blended (I applied the same amount of product on both sides. When not blended, it’s like a lipstick swatch but notice how sheer and natural the right swatch looks when blended.)
I highly recommend NARS Liquid Blush to those looking for a liquid or cream blush that’s very easy to blend and looks natural on skin. Even those who are not so good in blending will feel like a pro once they start gliding the product on their skin — it’s that easy! It’s also a great product for those who are on-the-go since you can apply the tint anytime, anywhere!
used NARS liquid blush in Hot Tin Roof blush
NARS Liquid Blush is priced at PHP 1,700 here in the Philippines. NARS Spring 2018 Color Collection is available in Rustan’s Makati, Rutan’s Shangri-La, Rutan’s Gateway Mall, Rustan’s Alabang Town Center, and Rustan’s Cebu