When I heard about the collaboration of MAC Cosmetics and Patrick Starrr, I got super duper excited! For those who are not so familiar with Patrick Starrr, where have you been?! Kidding! He is a Fil-Am YouTube sensation and beauty guru. Before he became famous, he worked as an artist at a MAC makeup counter. He has worked with some of the biggest names around the world, like Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, and Pia Wurtzbach.
Recently, Patrick Starrr went to the Philippines to promote his makeup line. He brings his “Makeup is a one-size-fits-all” philosophy to life through his new collection at MAC. The collection includes 12 items with classic shades that will look good on any skin tone. Of course, if it’s Patrick Starrr, we should expect nothing less. The packaging is specially designed in silver and white with a sparkling holographic signature.
Let me give you a rundown of the products. Towards the end of this post, I included all the makeup tips that Patrick Starrr shared during the event. Enjoy!
MAC Patrick Starrr Collection: Eye Shadow
This limited Patrick Starr collection includes two quad eye shadow palettes with brown or gold tones: Glam AF and Goalgetter. Patrick Starrr Glam AF is a palette that can be used from day to night, while Patrick Starrr Goalgetter is perfect for statement eyes.
left: Glam AF; right: Goalgetter
MAC Patrick Starrr Collection: Lipglass
The lipglass from this collection comes in 3 shades: She Betta Werrrk (light warm pink), Mama Starrr (pink cinnamon), and Patrick Woo (intense bluish red). In case you haven’t tried lipglass, it’s designed to be worn on its own, over lip pencil or lipstick. It’s pigmented, very shiny and can impart subtle or dramatic color.
L-R: She Betta Werrrk, Mama Starrr, and Patrick Woo
MAC Patrick Starrr Collection: Lipstick
The lipsticks have the same shades as the lipglass.
L-R: She Betta Werrrk (matte soft pink), Mamastarrr (satin reddish brown), Patrick Woo (matte deep yellow red)
MAC Patrick Starrr Collection: Lip Pencil
Patrick Starrr Lip Pencil comes in three versatile shades: Edge to Edge (midtone dirty blue pink), Brick (intense golden red), Mahogany (intense reddish brown).
MAC Patrick Starrr Collection: Set Powder
The first thing I noticed when I met Patrick Starrr in person is his super flawless matte skin. This made me want to get hold of the Patrick Starrr Set Powder — a colourless, ultra-fine powder that can be used to set makeup on the face or body. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the chance to try it out since it is already out of stock. 🙁
Patrick Starrr Makeup Tips
I’m pretty sure most of you are wondering what happened at the event with Patrick Starrr. Well, here it is…
Karylle Yuzon hosted the event and the moment she called the starrr of the show, everybody at the venue screamed. The SM Aura Samsung Hall was packed, by the way. What a way to welcome a starrr indeed!
He did a quick makeup demo on his model, none other than, Maureen Wroblewitz. Oh my, it was sooo fun watching him doing her makeup. It’s as if I was watching one of his makeup videos on YouTube. He’s very natural and funny!
Anyway, let’s start. Maureen went up the stage with a base already so Patrick just did her eyes and lips.
- For the eyes, he used the Patrick Starrr Glam AF eye shadow palette.
- Using a 214 brush, he mixed Saddle and Brule for the base. He just washed this all over the lid.
- Using a 217 brush, he applied Saddle on the crease.
- Then, he used Embark shade close to the lashline and connected it to the outer corner.
- Lastly, he used OMIGAUD on the center of the lid to create that beautiful spotlight.
Here is a summary of Patrick Starrr’s makeup tips and tricks during the event:
- When applying eye shadow, look straight in the mirror. Don’t close your eyes to make sure your eye shadow can still be seen when your eyes are open.
- Mix eye shadow shades to create a custom look.
- Makeup is all about illusion so do not be afraid to try and experiment.
- For more precision, hold the brush close to the bristles. For looser and softer blending, hold the brush farther.
- Apply lipstick first before the blush. It is easier to know what shade of blush looks best when you have lipstick on. Usually, red lipstick goes well with pink blush, while nude lipstick works with coral or peach blush.
- His best skincare tip: Do not sleep with makeup on.
If you haven’t noticed, I’m not a red lipstick kind of girl. But hey, it is Patrick Starrr so I must wear it! It is a nice shade of red, actually! Of course, it is a variation of the classic Ruby Woo.
Here are more photos during the event…
with Sarah, Ashley, and Sheila
I can’t leave the event without a photo with the starrr…
Thank you so much MAC Cosmetics Philippines for this wonderful opportunity!